Tuesday 2 May 2017

Birds and The Bees!

Hi Woofers!

Daisy, Holly, Miss May, Miss Wendy, Freddy and Eric de Ferret here!

Wot sort of Bank Holiday did you have? We decided that it could have been warmer!

Now, today started out being a lot warmer, in fact, Old Two Legs even put on his light weight jacket and that is the one reserved for warm days!

This morning on the beach Wendy and Fred even went for a walk in the rock pools!

Mind you, they had to keep a watch out for those crabs and Nargles!

Well, it's warm enough for Nargles!
 As we were coming off the beach we heard a cuckoo giving it some and it wasn't too long before we spotted it sitting up the top of a tree.

OTL had his telephoto lens on the camera and he managed to get this shot.

Cuckoo giving it some!
 Maybe later we will be able to get a better shot when the sun comes out and he is in full voice!

 Lunchtime we were down the beach again with May and Eric hunting Nargles! Eric was ducking and diving amongst the rock pools. Just like Freddy, no Nargles were seen!

No Nargle sniffs here!
 Although it was warm, the clouds looked like they were holding a lot of water so I decided that I should have myself a really good roll in some sniffy stuff on the beach.

You should have seen OTL jumping up and down and yelling 'Noooooooooooooo!'

He had the ferrets on their leads so he couldn't get to me!

Success! 

Yo! OTL, you can't catch me!
 Mind you, Miss May was helping me by trying to get OTL to pick her up for a carry!

Go on, just a little carry?
 As we headed up the grass path OTL spotter a Shrill Carder Bee munching away on the flowers.

Now, the wind was wafting the flowers about so we didn't get a super sharp photo but one good enough to identify the bee.

I know I'm a rare bee but I'm also hungry!
I reckon that pretty soon OTL will be bringing the big camera with the macro lens so he can try for some other insect photo's!

We were sad to hear that Barney is heading for the Rainbow Bridge but if he is hurting it is the best for him.

We are happy that you have seen the frogy's in your garden Archie Babe, we have some in the pond but the number has reduced and we think they have all disappeared into the grass and 'Wild Life Garden' at the end of our garden!

It's all go here! Birds, Bees and Frogs!

See you all tomorrow!

Luv,

Daisy, Holly, Miss May, Miss Wendy, Freddy and Eric de Ferret.

3 comments:

  1. Evening little maties down by the seaside. Well it's been a chilly day here, no rain but quite chilly. I went up the shop this morning and gave Brenda one of my best snuggles and lots of licks cos I know she's hurting about little Barney. It was the best thing for him, he was quite an old chap but he was a lovely woofer. Our old red car was collected today and my mum had a tear when it was taken away but I'll give her a lot of cuddles and licks too so she'll soon get over it. My mum also had a tear when she paid the dentist his bill, he filled 2 teeth and my mum said he didn't hurt her at all, just her purse, ah well, she can always ask for a bit of overtime at work. Sounds like you've had some super time on the beach today, hope that sniff was nice and rich. Now I think you should warn the ferrets about nargles and the tricks they play on little furry creatures. Thankfully there doesn't appear to be any nargles round here at the moment but you can never tell cos I reckon they're very sneaky. Lovely pictures today and I can see you really enjoyed your roll in the sniff. My mum reckons she saw a woodpecker in the garden this morning, she says it was pecking at the cherry blossom tree, I reckon it was just some common old bird trying to peck off a few insects. I've not seen my froggie mates today, since it hasn't rained they've stayed either in the pond or around the garden. My mum is off to work tomorrow afternoon but my boy will be home so I'll be in charge and he can do the guarding under my supervision. Has any of your splawn hatched yet? I've still not seen any in my pond but with the mesh over it so that I can't fall in, it's a bit hard to see. Hope you all have a lovely evening and hope Mrs TM is feeling better than she did yesterday. Love, licks, wags and sniffs from little Arch and Mr Nipper xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings my southern friends by the sea. Sorry that it has been so long since I got my Paws on the keyboard. Mum has been reading your blog to me though. I'm glad that you have had a lovely day in the sunshine. Tell OTL that his photo of the cuckoo's amazing. Today is my 4th Birthday so we had a special birthday treat followed by walk on the up and over road. Mum's put a birthday photo of me on FaceAche...it's so embarrassing.
    It

    Your garden sounds like a brilliant place for froglets to live. You will have so much spawn next year...Lots (little Trevors) froglets
    Take care all my 4 legged friends
    Love, wags, woofs and licks from Izzy xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You lead such interesting lives down there at the sea side, so much going on all the time and so many people coming to see your beach. I hope the roll was really worth the trouble you got into but it was there to be rolled in after all. Sorry to hear about poor Barney but he had a lovely life with Brenda and that is what it is all about. I read that TM is planning to go away again and leave you in charge of OTL, will he be ordering platted meals again or will he enrol in a cookery course? That would be good because you would be there to sample all the food just to give it your seal of approval. xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete