Thursday 5 October 2017

A Monsoon, High Tide and Floods!

Hi Woofers!

Here we are again, Daisy, Holly, Miss May, Miss Wendy, Freddy and Eric de Ferret!

Wot a day!

It all started off this morning when Old Two Legs over slept and ended up getting out of bed a whole hour later than normal!

Talk about a 'Lazy Woofer'!

Still, he paid for it 'cos when we got to the car park a big black cloud arrived over the top of him and proceeded to empty as much rain as it could muster down on OTL and the rest of us!

That was it, back to the car and listen to the radio until the rain stopped!

We met Barney II and his Two Legs and the pair of them were soaked through to the skin, they got caught in the rain!

We managed to stay out of the rain and watch it disappearing over to Sheerness!

Bye Bye Rain, Missed us this time!
 May and Eric were still worried about the Nargle that was supposed to live in the grass above the steps, so they both kept a look out for it, especially Eric, 'cos he says he doesn't like Nargles!

Can you see anything?
 In fact, Eric stopped at the steps and wouldn't go any further until OTL picked him up, sat him on OTL's shoulders and let him do a slow scan of the area!

No! I want an aerial view first or I'm staying here!
 Back at the car we met up with one of the 'Bin People' who empty all the waste bins and Poo Bins.

May got a cuddle while Eric was hiding in the travel cage!

Yep! I like cuddles!
 Lunchtime was a surprise. It looked like we had arrived at the High Spring Tide 'cos the water was right up the beach, further than it normally is!

The only time we had seen it higher was when we had a storm in the North Sea!

Look, the beach is getting a good wash!
 I was having a good look and although it was sloshing about I decided that I would leave going in for a swim until next year!

No Holly, I don't fancy getting my paws wet!
Listening to the radio we heard that there were roads flooded down in Strood, just across the river from Rochester Castle. It's a good job there wasn't a Northerly Wind and a Low Pressure over the North Sea or we would have been in trouble!

Last night we managed to mug OTL for some of his venison burger and he had some cheese with the salad as well, so we had a bit of cheese as well!

Dunno wot is on the table tonight but Holly and I had our bowl of chicken this morning, so we are not exactly staring, well, not much!

See you all tomorrow!

Luv,

Daisy, Holly, Miss May, Miss Wendy, Freddy and Eric de Ferret

2 comments:

  1. Afternoon little maties. Wow just look at them clouds near where you live. We had a lot of wind here and a bit of rain but it was quite sunny when I went out, I met up with Boris the bounce, he was guarding his house while his TL was putting stuff in the car, Boris came over and we had a quick chat. I don't blame little Eric for wanting an aerial view in case there was a nargle lurking. I have to admit, I stand behind my mum if I think there is a nargle about, not that I'm scared, just that nargles are scared of my mum, well, I don't blame them really, my mum can be very scary at times. Glad to hear you got some venison last night. Hope you're lucky with the muggings tonight. Lovely pictures today. I'm on guard duty in the morning but not for too long, my boy should be home about 6.30 then he can take over the guarding. Have a lovely evening all. Love, licks, wags and sniffs from little Arch and Mr Nipper xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We only had a bit of rain about 8am - 8-30am made our dustbin lid wet but then the sun came out and it has been a lovely day. I heard about the flooding in Strood and saw pictures of Allhallows so not surprised that you found rather a lot of water where you went. Lucky you not to get soaked, Holly would not have been happy to have wet feet, tail and ears! Michael has been out with his friend Robert searching for toadstools, well not exactly searching there were loads. The Park Warden went over to see what they were up to as they were low down to the ground and he thought they were picking them but when he saw their cameras he took them for a walk down and around to where there were some hidden away. Venison sounds nice and if you got steak the night before you must have a third tasty mugging although with chicken for yourselves maybe not! I think the Nargles were frightened away by the water but just as well to be on the safe side. More oohing and arring again today I see and a cuddle but not for poor Daisy or Holly, never mind I love you best, shhh don't tell them. xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete