Saturday 9 December 2017

A Day for Snoozing on the Sofa!

Hi Woofers!

We are back again!

Daisy, Holly, Miss May, Miss Wendy, Freddy and Eric de Ferret.

Well, the weather man got it right this time, blooming cold it was this morning!

In fact the ferrets all decided that they would stay at home today and let us woofers out on our own!

We let The Missus take the small car up to the village hall on her own 'cos Old Two Legs said that he fancied testing the heated seats in the big car!

Both Holly and I tested the passengers heated seat and it passed the test!

There is nothing like a warm tail when you are sitting in a cold car!

There were no clouds in the sky so that means frost on the grass and on the sand and on the benches!

It also means the sunrise will have some amazing colours as well!

We made it before the sun today!
Both Holly and I had our 'Flying Jackets' so we were not too cold and the frost on the long grass kept away from our tummies!

It also means I can get a roll on the sand as well!

Coming back we stopped at the bench on top of the hill and OTL got all 'Arty' with the camera and took a picture of the bench top.

Trouble was, he forgot that the large aperture on the camera means a shallow depth of field and you can see the camera is focused up on the centre of the bench and everything else is 'Soft Focus'!

Well, you can see the frost anyway!
We decided that OTL had earned a rest and as TM wasn't around to tell him off, we enjoyed a DVD until lunchtime when it was time for a trip down the beach again.

OTL had been thinking about the bench and when we got to it he set up the camera on the bench with an aperture of F22, focused on the centre of the bench again and set the shutter release to delay for five second, placed the camera on the bench and stood back!

Click!

Now, all we need is a sunrise, a few clouds and some more frost!
OK, the bolt heads in the foreground are not in focus but the rest looks OK!

As he didn't have his mobile phone with him, he didn't have his program to set the depth of field but it don't look too bad!

We took a look at the program and at the settings, the closest focus is 65mm which would be just the other side of the bolt heads and the far focus would be 2.149m, that's why the ship is out of focus!

Oooo! Don't you just love it when we get all technical?

Tomorrow we are expecting it to be a little warmer so the ferrets can come out with us!

Bye bye for now!

Luv,

Daisy, Holly, Miss May, Miss Wendy, Freddy and Eric de Ferret.

4 comments:

  1. Yo maties, well you lot certainly are brave waiting around for the camera to click, all this delayed stuff and field of depth sounds very technical to me, I don't think I'll be taking up photography in the near future. My mum doesn't understand it either, she knows she can't take photos for toffees. Loved the photos though and the one this morning looks very dramatic and the colours are lovely. Don't blame you for having a lazy day. We got up quite early considering my mum didn't have to go to work and we went for a walk, half way I decided it was too cold and sat down so that my mum would take me home but she didn't, she said I had to walk further ...... booooo hisssss, it was too cold on my little paws. I had my fleece on but it was very frosty. We've put up the Christmas decorations today, well I supervised and told my mum where they should go. We've run out of batteries but I've given my mum a shopping list of things we need and she can get more batteries for all the little lights. It looks warm and cosy in here. We'll be having an early night cos of work tomorrow morning. My mum says if it gets any colder she'll get my flying jacket out. Have a lovely evening all, stay warm and snuggly. Love, licks, wags and sniffs from little Arch and Mr (standing under the xmas tree) Nipper xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, mum says thanks for the camera lesson. She likes arty photos too, especially OTLs.It was -4 degrees Centigade today and a hard frost that stayed all day but it was sunny and no snow. We've had a busy day. 9am groomers for Hamish and Genie. They both look fab and had the festive season spa package as a free add on because mum spends so much there. Tommy said they smelt like a christmas pudding but he was just jealous so mum booked him in for a pampering in a few weeks in time for christmas. Hamish got a smart new royal blue harness and springy lead and Genie got a purple springy lead to match her purple harness. Dad also got us afew antlers and we hear that he bought 3 medium sized ones for the pups 1st birthday on 23rd December. Yes they are nearly 1 yr old...where does the time fly? Then Genie and Hamish went shopping to buy new shoes and a coat for dad. It's good up here because lots of shops and cafes welcome dogs so we often go to town too. Strange thing was that the shop was a huge shop called Go Outdoors full of all outdoors things but it was all indoors ...how strange these 2 legs are. After Genie &Hamish got back to show off their posh haircuts , it was our time dor village patrol and we're happy to report that all is as it should be. After dinner we all settled to a snooze in front of the fire ready to defend our room from any predators on the big screen. Lots of sniffs, licks, woofs amd wags from Izzy and the gang xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. All this camera technical goes all over my head, you are so clever Daisy to understand it all, when I take pictures I press the shutter and what will be, will be. There were lovely colours in that early sky, I hope OTL didn't make you stand there too long while in his arty, farty mode but it was interesting the difference in the two pictures, I do think the first is better for a picture especially in a "What is this?" competition. Sorry I didn't visit here on Friday evening and now I shall look at Saturday. xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There I go all mixed up as this was Saturday so now I will comment on Friday which I have already read. xx

      Delete