Tuesday 12 December 2017

Cold Start!

Hi Woofers!

Here we are, Daisy, Holly, Miss May, Miss Wendy, Freddy and Eric de Ferret.

Wasn't it blooming cold last night?

I had to cuddle up to Old Two Legs just to stay warm!

We didn't get up so early and managed to get down to the just as the sun was poking its face above Sheerness!

Blooming cold but just look at that sky!
 When we got into the car OTL said it was showing minus three! I suppose that means it's cold and to be honest, we didn't need an instrument to tell us that!

Now, being a woofer we just can't get our brains around the concept of 'Minus'!

I mean, One, two, three and any other number I can understand but 'Minus' doesn't do anything!

You have either got it or haven't, but you just can't have Minus!

The beach was frozen solid and the sand was as hard as concrete, so that means no rolling on the sand today!

We were OK in our Flying Jackets and OTL said we looked like Biggles and Algernon, whoever they are!

Come on, chocs away Algy!
 The lunchtime walk was better, the temperature had gone up and we had lost the 'Minus' thingy!

 In fact it was so good that we didn't need our jackets even though there was still some frost on the ground!

This is still hard enough for a landing strip Algy!
We had some fun woofing at the Two Legs when we went with OTL to do some deliveries and when we got back, there was some chicken waiting for us. So that was a bonus and better than the Scoff we were served yesterday!

The ferrets haven't been out for a few days now 'cos of the cold and wet. They are let out for an hour at at time for a rampage around the house and only get put back in their cages when they fall asleep under the sofa!

It's a good job we don't fall asleep under the sofa and anyway, it's much softer on top!

See you tomorrow!

Luv,

Daisy, Holly, Miss May, Miss Wendy, Freddy and Eric de Ferret.

2 comments:

  1. Oi,oi maties. Don't you two look good in your flying jackets, I've got one of them as well. My mum took me out this morning and I went 5 yards in one direction, then 5 yards in the opposite direction, then I turned round and headed for the front door. It was way too cold on my little tootsies so I just said NO!!!!! MY mum and my boy went for a walk up the shops to post off a food parcel to 2 little maties of mine who are being starved and they said did I want to go as well and have a cuddle with Brenda and get a treat ............ do I look stupid or wot???????? I headed for my warm bed and snuggled down instead. When my mum went out in the car at lunchtime it said -1. A big bag of my scoff arrived this afternoon so that's me taken care of for a few weeks AND Santa Paws at Ocado sent a packet of the treats I'm allowed as a little extra, they taste the same as my scoff, they smell the same as my scoff but they're a different shape ....... Now I don't understand them ferrets, fancy falling asleep under the sofa when on top of the sofa is always warm and snuggly ........hmmmmmm. Smashing photos today. So pleased to hear you got a decent meal today, I was getting really worried but you can come here any day and I'll be happy to share the kingsize bed with you both, my mum won't mind as long as we leave a bit of space for her at the side. Have a lovely evening all, stay warm and snuggly and make sure you get your fair share of muggings. Now don't chase away the man with the parcel when he arrives, should be about Thursday. Love, licks, wags and sniffs from little (I don't do snow) Arch and Mr Nipper xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you do look the business in your flying jackets, they look very snuggley and warm food as well, things are looking up today. When I went out at 9-30am the temperature was 2 deg. and half a mile away down by Morrisons it was -.5 deg. but then I was going into a warm church hall so it was nice with tea and biscuits and didn't matter that it was minus outside. Fahrenheit would be easier for you to understand because there are no minus numbers and it is warmer sounding at 32 deg instead of 0 deg, come to think of it I much prefer the big numbers when it is cold. Poor delicate Archie wouldn't even go up to the shops for a cuddle and treat, isn't he silly because you and Holly would go for a biscuit and cheese sandwich except sanwiches are a bit of a rareity where you live. The ferrets must be glad to be indoors having a rampage about it beats venturing out into the cold. Remember what ARchie says and don't woof too loud at the delivery man or he may take your present away. xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete