Friday 22 December 2017

Getting ready for Santa Paws!

Hi, Ho, Ho, Ho, Woofers!

Us here, Daisy, Holly, Miss May, Miss Wendy, Freddy and Eric de Ferret!

First, good news about Little Milly being sorted out, these vets charge a fortune but they seem to know what's wrong with a woofer!

Hey! We think it's great chasing that squirrel along the fence, super stuff! We don't see squirrels around here, not enough trees!

We have been making a list for Santa Paws and Old Two Legs says that instead of sending a letter we can do it on email!

I must admit that the list is a little long and mostly to do with food but I'm sure we will get a couple of items from the list!

May and Eric came out this morning for a run and had some fun digging on the beach, right up to the point when Eric said that his paws were getting cold and he needed a carry!

You know ferrets can get Chilblains!
Of course OTL gave him a carry until we got onto the grass path and he was down again and sniffing along behind us!

Miss May was galloping along as she normally does and they both dived into the long grass after more sniffs!

Lunchtime we woke Freddy up and told him he was going out!

Freddy was not too happy about that and insisted he has a snooze in the travelling cage!

Down on the beach it was Wendy who was having the fun! While I was rolling in a really stinky sniff little Wendy was digging a big hole and saying she was off to chase some rabbits!

Who needs a rabbit hole when you've got a ferret!
 Now, all this Winter Solstice stuff and long nights is all OK if you like that sort of thing and OTL gets all excited when the clouds turn funny colours, just like today. Me? I'll just be glad when the Spring is here!
 
Reminds me of the painting by Turner, The Fighting Temeraire!
OTL says that the painting was supposed to be set just across the river with the ship coming out of Sheerness and heading up the Thames.

Yeah, OK, it's a bit boring when compared to a sea sniff but I will admit the colours look the same almost!

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/30/The_Fighting_Temeraire%2C_JMW_Turner%2C_National_Gallery.jpg


 Bye for now.

See you tomorrow.

Luv,

Daisy, Holly, Miss May, Miss Wendy, Freddy and Eric de Ferret.

3 comments:

  1. Yo ho ho maties. Well I'm getting ready for Santa Paws, firstly I got my grumbly tum out the way, I had the grumblies during the night, as you do. So off I went to the vets for an Xmas cuddle and check over, I've got that super duper poo glue, pro-kolin and some tablets the size of dinner plates to fill me up over the holidays, I got loads of cuddles and on the way out they had a big basket of woofer toys for sale ........ my mum let me choose and I picked the biggest one ..... you have to don't you, I got a new teddy bear to snuggle with when my mum isn't around or when she's busy. Anyways, I'm feeling a lot better just a tad starving though cos my mum has put me on short rations. Milly is doing well but she has to stay over for another night at the vets cos she still had a grumbly tum this morning but with some luck she might be home tomorrow. I heard about poor nunkie Mike and his fall, I hope he feels better soon. Loved the picture OTL took, it's much better than the painting, me and my mum love the colours. That super smelly sniff sounds good Daisy, did you share the sniff with Holly chops? I got my list into to Santa Paws a while ago and I seem to be getting all I ordered, which consisted mainly of lots of cuddles, the scoff side is a bit short though but hopefully it will be alright by Xmas day. You can come up here and share chasing the squirrels if you like, we get loads of them, they are very naughty though cos they use swear words when they sit up in the trees and you're telling them to woof off. Well I suppose I better get back to resting cos I was a poorly little soldier you know. Have a lovely evening, stay warm and snuggly and make sure you're around to do some good mugging. Love, licks, wags and sniffs from little (brave chap) Arch and Mr Nipper xxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo maties, we've got a pup date on Milly, she's home, the vet phoned and said she'd improved so much she could go home to Brenda tonight, apparently we have a nasty grumbly tummy bug going around the area. Milly goes to a different vet to me and they said they've seen quite a few woofers from this area who have the grumblies at the moment. So that's it, Milly and I have decided we're not going out walking in the local area for a couple of days, which means we can stay warm and snuggly and not go out in the cold or we can go by car and find somewhere else to go walkies. I reckon old Santa Paws was looking down at Milly and decided she'd been a good girl so she could go home and snuggle with Brenda early. Love and licks from little Arch xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sky on your beach was lovely very much like the painting, is Turner a name TM uses when she does her crafting? Those mince pies were lovely, TM did very well even if she had to have a practice first. The pictures were lovely the ferrets are looking really sweet with their big furry coats all cosy for the winter. Looks like when we head northwards we are going to need woofer treats in case we meet up with any of your buddies. Santa Paws is very busy now so be good because if he might decide not to visit your end of the road. All the shopping is done so have a good weekend and looks like it will keep warm. xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete