Friday 20 July 2018

Holly spots a Baby Frog!

Hi Woofers!

Us again, Daisy, Holly, Miss May, Miss Wendy, Eric de Ferret and Monty de Ferret!

Monty has been getting all excited waiting for his Name Tag but we recon that it won't arrive until mid week, next week that is!

This morning we caught the sunrise, well it had been up for a while but we still got the 'Golden Glow'!

Morning has Broken, like the first Morning!
When we get close to the Sea Wall I get put on the lead 'cos Old Two Legs doesn't want me to go in for a swim!

Holly gets away with staying off the lead 'cos she wouldn't go near the water if her tail was on fire!

No I'm not getting anywhere near that stuff!
 OTL has been having fun filling out his Income Tax Return, that always bring tears to his eyes, worse than the vets!

Lunchtime there was something in the air we hadn't seen for some time..........RAIN!

Well, it was more like a few spots of wet, not really rain but, it was wet!

We saw a couple of Six Spot Burnet moths making caterpillars! OTL managed to get this shot but the breeze was blowing in off the sea and the grass was waving about all over the place!

Add caption
OTL said they looked like Six Spot but Holly reckons they could be Five Spot or even a Four Spot Burnet!

Wot about a Twelve Spot Burnet, ever seen one?............'Don't be so stupid!'
 Back home we saw the first signs of the frog spawn working, there on a leaf sat a tiddly little froglet waiting for an insect to pass by but he got scared when he saw us and dived straight back into the pond!

There's Froggy!
Tomorrow The Missus is off to her Master Class and as Rosie will be there OTL is planning to take not only Wendy, but Monty as well!

That's all tomorrow and OTL was thinking about giving Holly a wash and hair cut!

Let's hope it will be all warm and sunny!

Bye for now.

Luv,

Daisy, Holly, Miss May, Miss Wendy, Eric de Ferret and Monty de Ferret.

4 comments:

  1. Yo maties and froggy. Well we was supposed to be having trenchal rain today, not a drip has fallen, Now I was looking forward to watching the rain thru the window, I feel cheated. Them peskie foxes has been in my garden again, they broke one of my mums new lights and one of them had the cheek to poo in MY garden, you wait till I catch them, they'll be sorry. I had snuggles with my boy when my mum went to work this morning, then I had snuggles with my mum when she got home and my boy went out for a long walk to burn off his calories. Loved all the pictures today, wot a shame you can't go for a dip. See now it would save OTL water if he was to let you have a dip in the sea. I bet Holly chops is pleased to hear she might be getting a bath tomorrow, has she found a really good hiding place yet? I bet Rosie will be pleased to meet Monty tomorrow as well as seeing Miss Wendy. Hope Mrs TM enjoys her master class and hope OTL decides to put his feet up after a hard week making things then perhaps Holly won't get wetted. Have a lovely evening all, it's my boys birthday tomorrow so I've got to get up early to give him birthday licks and sing to him. Love, licks, wags and sniffs from little Arch and the Nippers xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Daisy, Holly and 'the rest'! Great photos today. Especially the one of you two walking past the flowers. We had rain too, real rain for about a whole hour. Only gentle rain but rain nevertheless. I have frogs in my garden too. But they are not really mine but have climbed into an old plastic dustbin that I had filled with water so that I could water my hanging baskets easily with a small watering can. Huh! First there was one big frog, then two and now there are FOUR! So I have to chat to them each day and see if they need a lift out. I did give them some long bits of wood to help them climb out but I'm not sure they understood that.
    I am looking forward to meeting Monty tomorrow. I hope he wont be frightened by all the noisy ladies!
    Love to all of you 'Auntie Di' x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Daisy, Holly and 'the rest'! Great photos today. Especially the one of you two walking past the flowers. We had rain too, real rain for about a whole hour. Only gentle rain but rain nevertheless. I have frogs in my garden too. But they are not really mine but have climbed into an old plastic dustbin that I had filled with water so that I could water my hanging baskets easily with a small watering can. Huh! First there was one big frog, then two and now there are FOUR! So I have to chat to them each day and see if they need a lift out. I did give them some long bits of wood to help them climb out but I'm not sure they understood that.
    I am looking forward to meeting Monty tomorrow. I hope he wont be frightened by all the noisy ladies!
    Love to all of you 'Auntie Di' x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Daisy if you have one baby frog you must have lots more in hiding, watch out for them but don't let them frighten you by jumping out and going boo. OTL is getting into these minutures really good Six Spot Burnet plus we are getting educated in all things insect. Bad luck on not being able to have a quick dip it looks like your only dip is into the plasterers bath for a trim up, you and Holly will like that, not a lot but you will like it. Hope OTL has filled in his tax forms correctly then he can relax with a little drinky whle TM is off to her Master Class. No cake from Barbara this time so TM is usding her baking skills again, so pretends not to be able to cook so that she can get out of doing it but she is really a wonderful baker so the Master Class won't suffer too much. Rosie will love meeting Monty for the first time even though he hasn't got his official Godwin Clan tag on. Have a good weekend hope the food is good and I hope Archie has some peace from those visiting foxes who are too frightened of him to visit when he is around. Maybe his mum should leave him outside to chase them off, mmmm maybe not. xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete