Wednesday 14 August 2019

Not one of the best days we have had!

Hi Woofers!

It's Daisy, Holly, Miss May, Miss Wendy, Eric de Ferret and Monty de Ferret here.

Not the best of days, it started off raining as we headed out for our morning stroll, well the clouds made everything dark and gloomy!

Old Two Legs made it a little darker by doing some fiddly diddly with the camera settings, just to give it atmosphere, well, that's his excuse!

Moody? Well, it still looks just dark to me!
While he was messing about Holly and I headed off to the long grass for some serious sniffing and a nibble of grass 'cos Holly reckons she has a Grumbly Tum and needs a little 'Help'!

I'd much prefer the Spring Grass, it's got more body to it!
Being as we were out earlier than normal we didn't see anyone on the path or even in the woods, it was almost spooky!

Just us and the trees!
 A quarter to eleven arrived and OTL was off with Miss May, Wendy and Monty to see the vet.

Miss May got weighed and pushed and poked then finally she got stabbed with the sharp needle and that was her sorted for the next twelve months!

Young Monty came out of the cage and was pushed and poked and prodded and finally the vet said she had found a 'Lump'!

Unfortunately an X Ray wouldn't show anything 'cos Monty was so small and there was only one thing that could be done, an operation to see what was there.

So, we had to leave Monty at the vet and we are all sitting at home with our claws crossed. It seems that the longer it is that we don't hear anything the better it is, so, at half past one we are trying to keep busy by writing up the blog and hoping we don't get a phone call until late this afternoon.

Well, the phone rang a couple of minutes ago and it was a case of 'Good News/ Bad News'.

It seems that there is no blockage in his gut, 'good news' however, the vet found that the adrenal glands were enlarged due to 'Adrenal Disease' and while he is all sewn up and recovering the vet says Monty has 'Two or Three months at best'. It seems there is no cure and antibiotics may help but if it gets painful there may be just one option left.

It means however, that he will get a load of loving and anything he wants in the way of treats!

OTL is going to pick him up around six thirty, so we will have posted this blog by then. If there is any more new we will tell you tomorrow.

Luv,

Daisy, Holly, Miss May, Miss Wendy, Eric de Ferret and Monty de Ferret.

3 comments:

  1. Yo maties. My mum told me about Monty earlier today cos she saw it on faceache. My mum had a tear when she told me and we're all very sad because we know how much each and every one of you means to all the others. But, we know that Monty will have the very best 2 = 3 months and actually he's had the best ever since he came to live at Godwin Towers. All of you take such wonderful care of each other and we know that little Monty won't suffer, which is good but we know the rest of you will, which is bad. Monty will go to join Snowflake, Brambles, Wilma, May and Freddy, wot good company he will have to look after him when his time comes but we really hope that he manages to stay with you all as long as possible. It's been a miserable day here mainly raining nearly all day but it eased off a bit after lunch and my mum made me go for a walk with her and Alfie, cos she says a host must be good to their guests ........ I tried to stop and go back home but it seems Alfie doesn't mind the rain (strange woofer). I got told off last night cos Alfie had his bed in the kitchen cos he's used to sleeping downstairs but I was upstairs in bed with my mum and I could hear him sniffling around so I told my mum, she told me to go back to sleep but I carried on making noises until I broke out into a full howl, well my boy came running and my mum went down to find Alfie sound asleep, so I got another telling off. Half an hour later I told my mum I needed a wee (it was little bit of a porkie cos I just wanted to make sure Alfie was alright). We finally got to sleep when I was sure Alfie was comfie and not missing his mum. Right, he's snoring away now so I'll off to get some scoff without him trying to mug me. We'll be thinking of you all and send our very best love to you all. Love, licks, wags and sniffs from little Arch, Alfie lodger and the Nippers xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very sad of your news today about little Monty, I am sure he will have lots more love and cuddles from his caring family. I hope Archie lets his mum get some sleep tonight, Alfie has settled in so well he probably thinks that Archie is a p i t r e, but Archie wouldn’t be Archie if he wasn’t. Take care and I hope tomorrow is dryer xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such sad news, but at least he'll have the best life possible during next 2-3 months. Sending love and hugs to all xxx

    ReplyDelete