Friday 21 April 2017

Wot! No Sun?

Hello Woofers!

Daisy, Holly, Miss May, Miss Wendy, Freddy and Eric de Ferret here.

Well, this morning the weather forecaster on the TV said it was going to be a sunny day, the best we have had all week.

What did we get?

Clouds and no sun!

I mean, how on earth is a woofer going to get a sun tan if the clouds cover the sun?

It's OK for Old Two Legs, he gets wind burn but us woofers need a bit of sunshine!

It was the same with the ferrets. Miss Wendy even fluffed up her coat to try to make it a bit warmer!

Well, she had given up trying to climb into OTL's coat where she knew it would be all warm and snugly!

Even my nose is chilly!
 Freddy tried to hide in the long grass but the wind found him there and no matter how he tried to get a lift, OTL made him walk!

This is just not fair, I mean, I'm only a little ferret!
 Freddy may think he is small but he is in fact bigger than all of the ferrets, including Eric!

In the end Freddy fell over onto his back and refused to move, he claimed he had a severely bruised claw and there was no way he could walk a step further!

That's it, I'm done for now, my claw is almost broken, just look at it!
 You know it wasn't any better at lunchtime, the tide was out, the sun was in and Eric decided that he wasn't even going to step onto the wet sea weed on the shore!

Not that I blame him, I mean, even I didn't fancy a paddle in the weed!

No, if there is no warm sun then I'm staying well up the beach!
Just for fun, OTL swapped the lenses over on his camera and instead of a fixed 35mm lens he put on the 28-300mm lens, just to see what it performed like on his little D200 camera.

We reckon it was a little sharper but the ferrets didn't help. You see, the best way to photograph a ferret is to get down to eye level but our ferrets are a bit crafty.

You see, when OTL crouches down to take their picture, they think he is offering them a lift and they come rushing over to OTL expecting to be picked up!

No photo!

So, OTL has to be crafty and try to catch them when they are looking the other way or wondering what is making all that noise, like another woofer!

It doesn't always work but sometimes, just sometimes he is lucky and having a 'Long Lens' makes it a little easier!

Friday today, so that means a lay in tomorrow, well, just long enough for The Missus to wake everyone up 'cos she has a Master Class tomorrow!

OTL reckons to catch up on his TV recordings tomorrow, so it will be nibbles on the sofa, all day!

See you tomorrow!

Luv,

Daisy, Holly, Miss May, Miss Wendy, Freddy and Eric de Ferret.

2 comments:

  1. Evening little maties down on the beach where there wasn't any sun. If it makes you all feel a bit better, there wasn't any sun here either. I've been working very hard to day, I did guarding this morning and then I did guarding this afternoon cos my mum did some overtime, now I didn't sign up for overtime!!!!! Those poor little ferrets, I didn't know OTL could be unkind but refusing them a lift in a warm pocket or bag when it's so cold out is almost heartless. I hope you didn't get trampled in the rush for Mrs TM to get a cup of coffee after she was stabbed. I'm down at the vets tomorrow for my butt check then I plan to have a nice lazy day of not doing much. Loved the pictures today. Hope you enjoy your quiet day tomorrow and that Mrs TM doesn't wake you up too early. Have a lovely evening, love, licks, wags and sniffs from little Arch and Mr Nipper xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh lovely to see the ferrets they have such cute faces and I laughed at OTL trying to get them focused without them seeing him whilst holding their leads at the same time. Don't the movies have Grips who do all the donkey work leaving the Professionals to flaunt about with the camera and ferret leads (I don't suppose the Grips have ferret leads to worry about) but you get the idea. OTL will have to employ a Grip, problem solved, there I go again giving you these great ideas, oh how my ideas are lost! As I type this the sun is shining, quickly get here. xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete