Thursday 3 December 2020

We Found the Widgets!

 Hi Woofers!

Daisy, Holly, Miss Wendy and Eric de Ferret here.

This Brexit thingy wottsit that Old Two Legs has been working on has taken a new turn. Yesterday he was looking for a HS Tariff Number that has six numbers but looking at different products that look close to the items he wants to ship, we come up with eight numbers!

No one has replied to his email but we didn't expect they would!

So, what to do? We know, Phone a Friend!

So, chatting with one of our customers who also exports our product told us what HS Tariff Number he uses.

OK, input that into the search engine and we get zapped to an American site which sort of describes our product providing you sort of squint with one eye and allow for the strange Americanism’s!

Off we go, back to the GOV.com and input that into the search engine and we get shoved to a page that has a very similar description that with one eye half closed and a little leeway given on the description, we think we have found it!

Back to the instructions again.

We have the Customs Declaration Form CN23, HS Tariff Number and a copy of the invoice, that should be all.

Almost.

This afternoon OTL has to go to the carrier to send of some stuff, to the UK, and while he was handing over the box of bits, he asked them if he needed anything else to get the stuff shipped after January the First?

Nah! Sez the man, 'you don't need any of that, just give me the stuff and I'll deliver it'

OTL is now wondering if he should risk it!

In the end he will get all the paperwork in a pile and the box of Widgets, hand them over and promise to sue the backside off the carrier if they mess it up!

I'm glad I'm a woofer, all I worry about is when do I get a walk, where is my food and who has a warm lap for me to cuddle up to and there's no HS Number for that!

See you all tomorrow!

Luv,

Daisy, Holly, Miss Wendy and Eric de Ferret.

2 comments:

  1. Yo maties. We're pleased that OTL has sort of sorted his problem. We think the government are very daft, in fact we wonder if there's a working braincell between the lot of them. Us woofers are much cleverer, we just worry about the important things in life ...... like you say, scoff, warm lap and a place to wee and poo in. Don't know about your weather down there but here today it's done nothing but rain, rain, rain and more rain and it's cold rain as well. My mum keeps opening the door for me to go out for a wee, but every time I sniff at the back door, a big drip of rain tries to land on my nose, well I'm not having that so I turn round and head back to the warm sofa. My mum has to go out to work tomorrow, so I'll keep my paws crossed for her that the rain stops, but to be honest, I'm not that bothered as long as I don't have to go out in it. My mum has been flinging the glue today, she got a new stamp, one of the ones Mrs TM reccomends. Well time I went back and curled up in my warm spot on the sofa, so take care all and have a good evening. Love, licks, wags and sniffs from little Arch and the Nippers. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete