Sunday, 22 May 2011

Holly is beaten by The Beach!

20th May

Yo Ho Woofers,

Here we are again and back with another day of fun!

First of all we went for a walk with The Missus in the forest and she was told by a local that he'd seen Nightjar up in the top fields, so Old Two Legs has plans to go up there tonight and have a look!

Before that we had a day on the beach to look forward too.

Off we went good and early, the sun was shining and the white fluffy clouds were not even blocking the sun.

We got to Titchwell Marsh around ten and went straight down to the beach. Now, it's a 1km walk from the car park to the beach but we were ready for some fun as soon as we hit the sand. Off we went like a couple of rockets, charging about, play fighting, rolling in smelly things we found and also digging holes!

Sharing a hole with my Sister!
We went for about one and a half kilometres along the beach, playing in the dunes and hiding from OTL. As he came past we'd run down the dune woofing at him and kicking up the sand!

We also met Sandy, a Bichon Frise, King Charles cross, we had a run and chase before saying good bye.

Another BF Cross!
We found a dead bird on the beach, OTL says it was a Gannet and it was a long time dead, it also had a funny smell!

We stopped for a picnic on the beach and OTL sat on an old tree branch that had been washed up by the sea. Holly and I had our drink and a nibble and while OTL was eating his sandwich, we dug a hole in the sand under his legs, the tree trunk sort of slid down the hole and OTL went all wobbly!

On the way back, there was the 1km walk down the path to the car and Holly was getting a little worn out, so, when OTL stopped to have a look at the birds, she went up to him, sat down by the side of him and scratched his leg with her paw. OTL got the message and picked her up and carried her on his shoulder all the way back to the car. On the way back there we had a lot of people comment on Holly being carried and how worn out she looked!

She was sitting on the haversack OTL carried his camera gear and her front paws were resting on his shoulder!

She ain't Heavy, She's my Puppy!
This was taken as we passed the 'Visitors Centre', I was wondering what the lady was saying!

Well, we slept for most of the way back and after good brush to get the sand out of our fur we had another snoozett before eating our dinner, followed by another snoozett!

It has been a super day and a super two weeks, the only thing we are not looking forward to, is going home tomorrow, but it won't be too long before we are off to the Isle of Mull for our summer holiday, a whole three weeks!

Just can't wait for that!

Bye bye for now and see you all tomorrow!


Daisy & Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment