Thursday 14 March 2019

Sorry, here's £25 for your trouble!

Hi Woofers!

Daisy, Holly, Miss May, Miss Wendy, Eric de Ferret and Monty de Ferret here!

It has been a slow sort of day, Old Two Legs took us out first thing this morning and it was raining.

Lunchtime The Missus took us out, and it was raining.

OTL went off to the dentist, and it was raining.

It's been a sort of wet day today!

We knew that OTL was off to the dentist for a check up and that we would be taken out for our walk by TM but she didn't want to go on our normal route, something about it being too wet, too muddy, too bloody steep!

She is such a show off!

OTL got a letter from the Water People telling us that our water had been cut off for five days.

As if we didn't know!

However, as some recompense, they are going to send us a cheque for £25!

OTL says he is going to invest it in a bottle of water, 'The Water of Life' just in case the mains blow again, well you won't be able to make a cup of tea with it but after a few slurps you won't care anyway!

Good news, the dentist could find nothing wrong with OTL's teeth, and the inspection and an x-ray confirmed that!

It still cost him forty smackers though!

OTL has been busy this afternoon, he got one of those Dash Cams and has installed it into the big car. Don't know why he has got it really, unless it's to record where he has been so if he gets lost he just has to run the video backwards so he can get himself 'unlost'!

We got an email today saying that the order we placed for a DVD from the Harry Potter series is being dispatched today!

OTL says it's called 'The Crimes of Grindelewald' and is a follow on from the Fantastic Beasts DVD!

You know, it doesn't take much to get him excited!

See you tomorrow!

Luv,

Daisy, Holly, Miss May, Miss Wendy, Eric de Ferret and Monty de Ferret.

3 comments:

  1. Ooh! Enjoy the sequel to Fantastic Beasts . . . I liked that one. Haven't seen the sequel. Pleased to her OTL's gnashers are ok. £40 sounds cheap to me . . . I'm expecting to have to pay £85 for my check up next month! *Deep sigh* Cannot get an NHS dentist for love nor, apparently, money!

    Shame you had rainy walks today . . . still windy with intermittent showers here. Managed to dodge the raindrops on my walk to the library though. Yippee!

    £25 is an insult . . . esp as they made the shower malfunction . . . expect the replacement cost more than that!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wotcha maties. Well it's been interesting at times here. It has rained on and off for most of the day so I've been trying to dodge the splodges of rain. Now my mum and this "smart" phone aren't getting on too well. It all started when my boy got home from work and started looking into whether it would be suitable to go with this new bell ringy thingy wot tells your phone someones at the door and you can see who it is and speak to them to tell them to bog off if you don't like the look of them. He suggested that my mum cancel the order and get a different make but it was lots more expensive and needed someone to install it and wire it in to our lectric. My mum wasn't so keen on that idea cos also she would have to pay lots of dosh each month as a subscription and they only thing she likes to subscribe to is crafting comics. So after in depth discussions, lots of looking at all the technical crud and ordering a thingy wot you plug into a socket, my mum was allowed to open the box with this new phone in. My boy set it all up for her and gave it to her to try to have a practise of and learn all about it. My mum had to go and ask my boy how to turn it off cos she couldn't get it to turn off and she don't like it. She's been playing with it today and now she's managed to turn it on and off twice. You wait till she has to drill holes in the wall to screw this bell,typevideocamera in ............. I think she'll be showing her multi lingual talents again. I'm pleased to hear OTL came out with all his teef and most of his cash today. I reckon the water company have been a bit stingy with their £25 compensation, like Sarn says, it caused the kettle to have a benny and the shower died. I'm having an early night tonight, the doings with that phone have caused me to sit at the back of the settee and hope my mum don't call me names like wot she called that phone and also I'm on guard duty in the morning. I bet Mrs TM enjoyed taking you and Holly chops out today, I hope she realises it's an honour to be seen out with you two. Hope you got decent scoff today, I mean wot with the £25 from the water company, that buys a lot of woofer treats. Have a lovely evening all, stay warm and cosy. Love, licks, wags and sniffs from little Arch and the Nippers xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A cheque for £25 and a dentists bill for £40 that makes a £15 loss on the day, now I spent 50p on a raffle ticket and 50p on Bingo and won £1 on the Bingo that’s fine except I drove 10 miles! Today it rained, sunned (probably not a word) rained, sunned, rained, sunned............ every time I went to put things in the motorhome it rained, shoes and coat off, sat down and then the sun until I put my coat on and then down it came. Five days without water is a very long time, I wonder who worked out £25, £5 a day? Now poor young TM, I was going to say poor old TM like old being not old but something you can say to someone you have known since the beginning of time but then that makes me old as well. Fancy even thinking she would like muddy mountains, no gung hoo stuff for TM a more sedate walk is the order of the day. This phone, camera thingy very technical and the education of a new language for Archie, it is going to be very posh for visitors to be spoken to from a hidden voice and some it seems will be honoured with new words.
    Enjoy the new DVD when TM is off to the village again. xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete