Friday 26 April 2019

Cometh the Caravan Man!

Hi Woofers!

Daisy, Holly, Miss May, Miss Wendy, Eric de Ferret and Monty de Ferret!

Well, some excitement today!

There we were, after our morning walk, woofing our tails off at this geezer who was ringing our door bell!

Actually I sort of remember him but I just couldn't remember from where!

Then it dawned on me, it was the Caravan Man!

He comes and gives our caravan a service before we go on holiday!

Holiday soon!

Before he turned up we went out on our morning walk and there was no rain, at all!

A good sign!

Mind you, there was some cloud to block the sun!
 The forest is getting rich with sniffs and other stuff. Holly and I spend loads of time sniffing the path edges and also inside the forest edges!

'Ear there is some super sniffin material here!
 Old Two Legs was forever calling us to follow him and get a move on!

Now, yesterday OTL pointed out to us some big flies that were feeding off the weeds in the forest and he called them St Marks Flies.

We didn't take too much interest 'cos let's face it, see one fly and you've seen them all!

Not so, says OTL, these are St Marks Flies!

Their common name comes from the fact that the adults usually emerge around St Mark's Day, 25 April!

A St Marks Fly that is getting stuck into the pollen!
The only problem with these flies is that they are not too clever at flying and keep bumping into us and landing on our backs!

OTL says that the St Marks Flies will often land on any objects in their way, including fence posts and people. It's a good job they hang around wooded areas 'cos if they are daft enough to try and land on a car wot is travelling at speed and we all know what happens then!

We left the Caravan Man to get on with the caravan and make sure it's all ready for the hols!

This evening we have the F1 to watch, so OTL has promised to have a small slurp of whisky just as it is practice!

Good news on Boys Muver-in-Law getting out of hospital, claws crossed for a full recovery!

We are off to try some new food, suposed to be better than Scoff but not quite Fillet Steak, if you know what I mean!

See you tomorrow!

Luv,


Daisy, Holly, Miss May, Miss Wendy, Eric de Ferret and Monty de Ferret!

2 comments:

  1. Yo maties. Very interesting about the flies, mind, I'm not right keen on anything with more legs than me so I try to stay away from things like that. Hope the Caravan is ok, seems a good idea to get it checked out before you go away in it, I mean, you wouldn't want to be up in the wilds of Scotland and find you had a problem. How is Mrs TM today, hope she's feeling better. My mum didn't feel well today but she went to work but she won't be going tomorrow, she's feeling right ruff. Boys motherinlaw is back in hospital again so we're keeping our paws crossed that they will sort her out and she'll be back on her paws very soon. See when I go to the vet they sort me out properly, I mean, sometimes I have to go back for a check up and make sure my mum is treating me properly but they do their best, I'm not too sure about these TL vets though. Good pictures today, we had a very light couple of showers but it's been dry mostly. Not sunny though. Now I forgot to tell you the other day, I snuck a little friend in and he was in for quite a while until my mum spotted him, do you know, she threw him out, never mind, I got some nice slug snot on my chest to remember him by. Now slug snot makes your hair go stiff, these TL's spend lots of dosh trying to make their hair stiff, well they only need to put a slug on their head and voila! Job done! See us woofers could educate these TL's and save them time and loads of cash. Hope this new scoff you're getting is better than the scoff wot comes out of a tin. Right, I'd better get back to my patient cos I need to get her better so she can go back to work and earn her keep. Enjoy the racing and hope you manage to get a slurp and a snack. Love, licks, wags and sniffs from little Arch and the Nippers xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the Caravan Man didn’t find anything strange with the caravan so that OTL has to empty his wallet again. St Marks flies, I have never heard of them, is there a St Kenneth fly I wonder, you never know what you will find next. The forest looks very interesting with all the sniffs but watch out for the flies. Get well soon to Archies boys mother-in-law and his mum who isn’t so sprightly at the moment.
    Daisy and Holly I hope the new food is steak like and not slug like, paws crossed. Come on TM get well soon for the holibobs, all the excitement must be getting to her 💕 xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete