Saturday 29 June 2019

Us Again!

Hello Woofers!

McDaisy, McHolly, MacMay, MacWendy, Eric McFerret and Monty MacFerret here!

Well, yesterday was the warmest it has been for years and years and years. So, being expert in these matters, we headed for a shady spot and stuck our paws in the air and went back to sleep!

Wake me when it rains!
 I did manage to get a swim in to cool me down but to be honest, it was still as hot as when we first got into the water!

Even my tail got wet!

We found one of those Nelly Fish on the beach and to give you an idea of the size, Old Two Legs put the ball thrower on the ground next to the Nelly Fish!

One mighty big Nelly Fish!
We tried to wind up OTL by telling him we found a very unusual fish on the beach! I mean, it is shaped like a fish and has an eye like a fish but seems to be missing it's fins!

OTL had a look and in the end said it looked more like a leaf!

An ancient fish?
 It was so hot that even The Missus came out for a walk in the sea. Well, she kept her shoes on and at one point was thinking of putting her wellies on!

Go On, put your wellies on, we haven't had a good laugh for ages!
Today it has been totally different, clouds, rain, thunder and more rain!

Even Holly had the shakes when the thunder went off but a cuddle with OTL got rid of them!

What happened to the sun shine and blue sky?
 Today we have spent getting the awning down and all the stuff packed away ready for the trip to Gretna for the first part of the return trip home!

Mind you, we will be having King Plawns and Plawn Clackers and a Bottle of Bubbly, well they can have the bubbly and Holly and I will stick to the Plawn Clackers!

See you tomorrow!

Luv,

McDaisy, McHolly, MacMay, MacWendy, Eric McFerret and Monty MacFerret!

2 comments:

  1. Yo Mcmaties clan. Well I don't blame you for finding a shady spot and putting your paws up. I've been doing that pretty much all day today, it's been just above 32 here at 4.30 so I dread to think how hot it was earlier today. My mum had to put mats on the steps and patio so I could get to the grass cos the patio was so hot, she couldn't walk on it without her shoes on. My mum took that silly parasol back this morning when she finished word and got a different one but it's way too hot for any of us to sit under it so it's shading the kitchen window so the kitchen feels cooler. My mum is well happy with her air cooler and my boy was impressed as well, in fact he's got it in his room at the moment cos he was so hot when he got in from work, he had a quick swim in the bath to help cool him down and offered to put me in but I declined his thoughtful, kind offer and told him I DON'T DO WET!!!!!! I must say though, I did like that air cooler last night, I stayed on the bed with my paws up in the air and let the air cool my tum, mind my mum wasn't too impressed when my botty burped in appreciation. Now that is some sort of giant nelly fish you saw on the beach, I don't think I'd like to come across that, probably one of the reasons I'm not one for plodging in the sea. Mrs TM could have taken her shoes off and had a plodge. My mums cousin has been to the Ben Nevis distillery today, I hope he didn't shame the family and get too tiddly. Your holiday has gone very quick, shame you have to get ready to come back so soon but I hope you all enjoyed it. Plawn clackers sound just the job, I think I'd give the bubbly stuff a try if I were you. Smashing pictures today. Hope you all have a very safe and pleasant journey back to Gretna and hope you enjoy your evening tonight and the muggings. Love, licks, wags and sniffs from little Arch and the Nippers xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, what a shame the weather played up today after your yesterday and TM on the beach, nice to see but with her shoes on !!!!! Each to their own I suppose. That was some Nelly Fish you saw and the ancient finless one but perhaps it was really a leaf or maybe an ancient fish pretending to be a leaf? I just can’t believe your holiday is coming to an end, it is such a long time coming and then gone, such a pity. We went to the park for friends day on the trains and it was so hot that we didn’t stay too long, it was nice going round on the little train because it was nice and cool, Michael got to drive an electric train, just him and the driver/owner, not allowed passengers yet. Tomorrow is the public afternoon so we will probably go, not sure. Archie is lucky with cooler and parasol and his mum is very wise to stop his feet burning, the ground can be lethal. Have a nice Sunday everyone, I shall try not to think of plawns and clackers xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete