Sunday 14 July 2019

A Night at The Proms but not for us!

Hello Woofers!

We are back again! Daisy, Holly, Miss May, Miss Wendy, Eric de Ferret and Monty de Ferret!

Well, it was rather warm yesterday especially in the morning and we headed down to the sea shore as normal and Old Two Legs took the camera to see what small bugs he could photograph. Holly and I were satisfied with the sniffs we could find and the occasional fox poo that has a super effect on our noses!

It's the sniff that says 'ROLL IN ME' while OTL screams out 'Gerroffoutathatstinkingpileof5H1T!'

OTL has no soul!

We started off with a picture of a cargo ship heading up the Thames to unload.

Brexit? Wot Brexit?
 Not as pretty as a Butterfly but much bigger!

We saw a Wormy Man digging in the mud. We called out to ask him haw many he had but I suppose he didn't understand our woofing, maybe he is a cat person!

I said, How Many Woofin Worms?
 OTL spotted a marbled white butterfly, one he had not seen before. not exactly the rarest butterfly in the country, however, it beads in the south of the UK and when you see it it looks 'Striking'!

Looks a bit ragged around the wings but striking it is!
 A couple of feet away there was a Small White having a breather from flying around the undergrowth.

When it opens it's wings they have spots on them!
 This on is striking, not rare cos' it is a Gate Keeper but OTL still goes 'Wow!' when he sees it!

It's the Gate Keeper.
 Now, half way through the afternoon OTL and The Missus headed off to Rochester Castle to watch the Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra play a selection of 'Bond Movie Themes'. Auntie Jane and uncle Ian treated them to the event and even brought a picnic along as well. trouble was, no dogs allowed, just Two Legs, still they had a great time and joined in the 'Rule Britannia and Jerusalem' songs at the end and they even got up out of their seats to clap and wave!

Then as the last song was playing they let off a load of fireworks and both Holly and I decided that we would not have liked that bit! 

OTL and TM doing the Hornpipe?
Today was fun 'cos there was F1 racing at Silverstone and half way through we all fell asleep! You know it's a good job they record the race so they can watch it when they wake up!


See you tomorrow after we pick up the new car!

Luv,

Daisy, Holly, Miss May, Miss Wendy, Eric de Ferret and Monty de Ferret!

4 comments:

  1. Yo maties. Well that's no fun not taking you and Holly chops to the castle, leaving you home alone ......AGAIN......... There was a concert near us last night and they had a cannon for the 1812 and fireworks, I told them to woof off cos I was in the garden trying to have a wee before I went to bed and it upset my concentration. We had the red arrows fly over yesterday on their way to Duxford and the red devils were jumping out of a plane over Hatfield yesterday, then last night sometime after midnight when me and my mum were deep in the land of zzzz a helicopter comes over our house, well my mum got up to look, it nearly landed on our roof, it was so low my mum was ducking and she's not the tallest person, anyways, she saw it go down in the street wot's parallel to ours, honestly talk about a noisy day yesterday. Now today me and my mum went for a walk with Brenda and Millie and while we were walking along we spot a ufo above us. My mum and Brenda was saying it was a good job we were together cos otherwise no one would believe us. A bit later someone posted online that they'd never seen such a huge drone, apparently it was a delta wing drone ......... I still reckon it was an alien space ship looking for people to kidnap and it was just scared off cos me and Millie were there to defend the universe, them aliens don't want to mess with us woofers you know. They've probably heard that I eat anything green as well. OTL has taken lots of nice pictures of flutterbys today, we only seem to see white ones here at the moment. Now I'll tell OTL not to tell you and Holly chops off when you roll in fox poo, I know just how it tells you to roll in it, it sends subliminally messages wot a woofer just can't ignore. My mums really pleased she's managed to stop them coming in the garden and pooing cos I just love a roll in fox poo, it takes ages to get the sniff washed off and it's got real sticking power. Smashing picture of Mrs TM and OTL, I hear Mrs TM was auditioning for the sally army for a place in their tambourine team after she had some giggle juice. Way to go Mrs TM, now my mum can play the spoons and the comb but they don't seem to want them in the sally army or she'd be there like a shot. Hope you're getting extra muggings tonight for staying home and guarding last night. Have a lovely evening all. Love, licks, wags and sniffs from little Arch and the Nippers (nearly added some aliens to our house) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We watched the F1 race and glanced the tennis then when Lewis won we switched to Wimbledon and stayed with it until 7-15 pm it was a good job we had our lunch at 2pm or we would have been starving, what a tense game it was, my favourite came second. I also kept an eye on the cricket score in Englands World Cup match with New Zealand, Google told me how many runs they needed in a particular number of balls, fine until it told me that England needed 0 runs in 0 balls and there was to be a Super Over, Supernova I have heard of (I don’t know what it is) but Super Over, well? So they each scored 15 runs in their Super Over so we were declared the winner because we had more Boundaries. I saw the nice pictures of OTL and TM at the Castle Concert and also Auntie Jane and Uncle Ian, they had beautiful weather too, I remember going when it poured with rain and people wore cardboard box hats.
    The other pictures you showed today are very good especially the Gate Keeper.
    Archie has been having excitement where he lives with Red Arrows, helicopters and Aliens all coming to visit just as wel the foxes stay away, maybe that is why. I bet TM is getting all excited about her new car, have your news beds arrived yet? Have a super Monday xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww . . . terrific picture of OTL and TM out on the tiles enjoying themselves.

    Also great pictures of local insects, flora and fauna.

    YAY for England Cricketers and Lewis Hamilton.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Daisy, looking forward to your blog today, love little Arch xxxx

    ReplyDelete