Wednesday 14 October 2020

And I Just Hate Wet Wednesdays as well!

 Hi Woofers!

We are back again, Daisy, Holly, Miss Wendy and Eric de Ferret!

Don't you just hate it when one day seems to be just like the last few days? I mean, 

Monday = Wet, 

Tuesday = Wet 

and now Wednesday = Wet

Last night around 02:30 the rain came down in bucket loads, well, so said Holly. She got up with The Missus and decided she needed a wee, so she headed to the back door and asked to go out. Only problem was that there was loads of rain falling out of the sky!

Well, Holly sat there on the kitchen door step looking into the dark trying to pluck up enough courage to go out for a wee in the rain, then, taking a deep breath she jumped down and plunged into the dark, just missing the pond and rushed over to the grass for what must have been the fastest wee on record!

I stayed in bed where it was warm and dry!

In-between rain showers we rushed around the old golf course and was soon back home, wet and damp.

Once again Eric and Wendy were having a great time rolling around on the doggy towels, even though they were just a little damp. Old Two Legs was playing 'Hunt the Ferret' with them both and was using the squeaky rubber balls to tempt them out from under the chairs. OTL even looked under the TV and found the best rubber ball, a lump of Teeth Cleaning Chew and an inky smoothie Eric had hidden some days ago.

Now, we haven't yet found the Maggs Smoothies yet, you see Eric has hidden them but just where is a mystery, OTL thinks they are in TM's craft room where she stores all the paper and stuff but the trouble is there are loads of plastic boxes to shift before you can get behind them all!

Lunchtime OTL spotted a windo in the rain and off we went down to the beach. There were some white horses on the waves but not very big. One thing we did see was a Fairy Circle, well that's what OTL called it. You could see the fungi growing around the edge of the circle. OTL says that he has seen fungi circles around thirty feet in diameter!

That's one big plant!


Over on the football field behind our house there are a couple of big circles but although there is a circle, there are no fungi growing, so we will have to wait and see what the autumn brings!

See you all tomorrow!

Luv,

Daisy, Holly, Miss Wendy and Eric de Ferret.

1 comment:

  1. Yo maties. Well wot a day we've had. Firstly it did rain in the night but luckily I didn't need a wee so I was a bit luckier than Holly chops. Then I went for a walk this morning before the rain came down and I met my little mate Buster, now Buster is about the same size as me and he don't do rough stuff so we just had a nice chat while our mums had a long chat. Then my mum decided to change the bed, well I sat on the bed giving instructions, then my boy came in and gave some more instructions and was having a wrestle with me on the bed, now my mum was not amused and she used some french to tell my boy to vacate her room and told me to get off the bed, only she used a few more words than get off. My mum decided she was going to do loads of washing today, so anything wot was sitting around got shoved into the machine, now the machine didn't appreciate doing more than its one load a day ration and decided to act up. My mum kept trying to put it on different programmes while she was trying to get up all the leaves then cut the grass, nothing worked, the machine was right stroppy. In the end the machine wouldn't pump out any water, so my mum got down on her knees, said some more french, took off the filter and then the drawer wot she puts the washing stuff in and cleaned them, drained the machine from the little tap wot sits at the bottom of the machine, into a little cup wot she emptied into a bucket, I was watching for ages. Then my mum turned the machine off and back on again and voila, it decided to work. My mum has been muttering allsorts today, lots of french with a bit of spanish thrown in for good measure. She's now proceeding to try to get everything dry and the rain is tipping down so the poor old drying machine is now being over worked, let's hope that don't go on strike as well cos she'll be resorting to her next get the machine working idea which will be kick it! My boy is off to the gym again tonight, I reckon he should take my mum so she can punch a punch bag and get rid of her stress. Now, I was wondering, these smoothies of Eric's, now they wouldn't be in Mrs TMs smoothie tray would they? She hasn't borrowed them has she? Tomorrow, my mum says we're having a day off cos she's fed up with all this domestic engineering. Take care all and have a good evening. Love, licks, wags and sniffs from little Arch and the Nippers. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete