Saturday 9 July 2016

Not a Good Day for OTL!

Hi Woofers!

Daisy, Holly, Miss May, Miss April, Miss Wendy and Mr Freddy de Ferret back here again!

It has been rather warm today, in fact a big muggy, which means rain later!

We didn't see any rain, so, it may arrive tomorrow!

Up good and early this morning and after The Missus headed off to her Master Class, we headed off to the beach!

We met up with Barney the Pointer who we hadn't seen for ages. He said that he didn't come out until nine nowadays but today his Two Legs were out so he got the 'early Morning Call'!

Down on the beach May and April had a good roll in the sand and sea weed!

I did miss this yesterday!
 I found a super 'Rolling Sniff' and April wanted to use it once I had finished. Old Two Legs told me to 'Get Up' and as soon as I did April dived in!

Come on April, give this a go!
 OTL was playing with the camera and trying some 'Macro' type shots but the camera is not as good as the big one and although the colour was there, the detail wasn't!

Pretty but no depth of field or sharp focus!
 Around eleven thirty OTL had finished all the cage cleaning and Fred and Wendy said they really could do with a run out 'cos they didn't have one yesterday and might not get one tomorrow!

OTL said it wasn't good for them to go 'Stir Crazy' so he piled us all in the big car and headed off beach again!

We were heading for the beach when Holly spotted a flower that was full of 'Soldier Beetles' having a party!

Hey! Have a look at this lot!
OTL went into 'Fiddle Mode' with the camera and tried to get close to see what they were doing!

It's a 'Speed Dating Party'!
 While he was doing that I went off to see what ships were about but there were none! Not even a rowing boat!


No ticks today!
 Being Saturday there were loads of Two Legs out down the sea side over in Sheerness and across the river in Southend on Sea.

We knew this 'cos we could sniff the Fish & Chips and Kebab sniffs coming wafting over on the breeze!

Hey! Get that Donna Kebab with Salad Cream Sauce!
 Holly is more into the Fish & Chips and could even tell if they had vinegar on the chips!

Mmmm! Three shakes of vinegar and two of salt!
On the way home the big car sort of lost control of the Sat Nav and the control buttons. Nothing he did made it better, so, he decided to call the car shop on Monday. After settling Fred and Wendy down he got us in the car and tried to start the engine. A couple of 'Error Messages' came up on the screen and the car refused to start!

That was it, no Kent County Show today!

We will still be going tomorrow and TM will be coming as well 'cos she wants to have a cuddle of the young ferrets that OTL has fallen in love with!

Who knows what we will get to eat up at the show but at least we won't be hampered by a muzzle like poor Archie Babe!

I wonder if he has to wear that when he goes into the new garden to chase a frog or two?

See you all tomorrow!

Luv,

Daisy, Holly, Miss May, Miss April, Miss Wendy and Mr Freddy de Ferret.

2 comments:

  1. Evening little maties down by the seaside with a car that has lost control. I'm sorry to hear you didn't get to the show today, I hope the woofer treat stall has some treats left when you get there tomorrow. My mum said her car was playing up on the way home from Mrs TM's masterclass but she was very relieved that it got her home, she didn't fancy sitting on the side of the M25 waiting for a man to come and find out wot was wrong, nor did she fancy being in the outside or middle lane if the car decided to stop and have a rest. I was glad she got home cos I was waiting for my tablet and some scoff. Lovely pictures today, sorry you didn't see any boats but my mum thinks she saw 2 out on the horizon when she was driving down the road to the masterclass. I suppose it was a good job that Freddy decided he wanted to go for a walk on the beach otherwise you might have been half way to the show when the control decided to stop controlling, that wouldn't be very good for you. It looks like you all had a good time on the beach though so it wasn't such a terrible day. Ooohh Daisy that sniff sounds good. I only have to wear my muzzle first thing in the morning when I go in the garden, just in case something nasty has appeared during the night, once my mum has checked out the garden I'm allowed to have the muzzle off, but my mum says that if I try to keep taking down the bamboo screening that she put up last week, then I'll have to wear my muzzle all the time. I'm considering it at the moment and will let you know wot I decide, I'm also wondering if there's a way of taking it down that doesn't involve me doing it with my mouth. My mum says she met auntie Sue today and they had their picture taken together. My mum said it was lovely meeting Sue and she hopes that Mike had a good time at the boat show even though some bits were cancelled because of the wind. I had to stay home today because I was looking after my boy, I told him that if he tells my mum I was a good boy then I'll tell her that he was a good boy and then my mum won't know wot tricks and mischief we've been up to. My boy has gone to work now and he'll be home at 2 a.m. so I won't bark when he gets in. I think me and my mum will be having an early night cos she's a bit cream crackered from the early start and the drive back home. My mum has just been telling me of tales of little Missy Lait and how she's getting on. Hope to hear that little Bella's cough is clearing up. Have a lovely evening all and enjoy the show tomorrow. Love, licks, wags and sniffs from little (I'm a good boy) Arch and Mr. (oh no he wasn't) Nipper xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pictures but what a shame that the car was playing "I don't want to go to the Show" I am sure the doggie treat stand will have saved a few nice bits for you. Hope you all manage to get into the little car tomorrow you had better not eat too much breakfast. Plenty of days for ship spotting, Michael went to the River Festival but most events were cancelled due to wind and choppy water, the search and rescue helicopter was called out by someone before it arrived so although he went he was disappointed. It was lovely to meet Archies mum although he had to stay behind looking after things, may be he will come next time and you can take him on the beach. You will need to watch him because I have been told he eats everything he comes across, you were lucky that he hasn't tried Daisy Kebab...........yet. Have a really good day tomorrow and help OTL choose the doggie treats, also better get something for the little ones. xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete