Sunday 8 October 2017

A Little bit off the Back Madam?

Hi Woofers!

Us again, Daisy, Holly, Miss May, Miss Wendy, Freddy and Eric de Ferret.

Now, where to begin?

You remember that Old Two Legs had booked up a one day 'Taster Course' for Dog Grooming with the local Agricultural College? Well, that was yesterday and what a day that was! We were all up in the early hours so that we could all get ready and off in time for all the things that were happening.

First we went out for a walk with The Missus over the Farm Fields and while Holly and I were out, OTL cleaned all the ferret cages and filled the food bowls and changed the water bottles as well. So far so good.

Then it was time to go. Now Holly and OTL headed off in the big car while TM and I loaded up the little car and headed off to the village hall for a days glue slapping and glitter sprinkling!

I was not happy, I wanted to be with OTL and as lovely as the ladies were, I was not a happy puppy! Finally TM took me home where I jumped up on the bed and snuggled into OTL's pillow and decided that would where I would spend the day until he and Holly came home!

OTL and Holly got to the college early and had to wait for fifteen minutes before the doors were opened, so Holly went for a sniff and a wee!

There were loads of sniff 'cos there were loads of animals kept at the college so the students can learn to look after them!

Finally they were let in and OTL was given a proper groomers top to help keep the water and hair off him, then he was allocated a table and a load of wicked looking tools!

...and would madam like me to trim the sides as well?
 The day started by washing Holly and then blow drying her with a 'Blaster' which dried Holly in no time at all, in fact OTL was so impressed, he has ordered one from the Internetty!

Next Holly had to be brushed and combed to get all the knots out of her hair. That bit was boring, so Holly started to play OTL up and had to be put in straps that sort of restricted movement!

Well she got combed and brushed and combed and brushed until almost all the knots came out or were snipped out with a pair of scissors!

Then OTL got the electric Grooming Clippers and started to cut Holly's hair all over! Now this took a long time and half way through they all stopped for lunch, or in Holly's case, a wee and a poo and then get back to the car for a snooze while OTL had a sandwich. After that it was back to the table and more clipping and brushing and combing and clipping all over. There was the nail clipping as well, which Holly needed. OTL did that 'cos he has had experience of doing that with the ferrets!

Finally, there was no more hair that needed clipping and Holly was well please with the result. There were moments when OTL needed the help of the course leaders to do bits he needed showing how to do, like clipping near my bits and eyes but they did half and OTL had to do the other half!

It was a case of 'Lift one Leg and trim' then 'Lift the Other Leg and trim' but finally it was all done.


OK, all done? Can we go now?
 OTL got a certificate to say he attended the course, not that he had done well or passed any test, just that he had turned up!

Next week the Blaster and Nail Clippers should have arrived and OTL says that I'm next!

Of course, when they both got back I was all over OTL like a rash and I was taking the mickey out of Holly saying that her bum looked big!

Really I was glad to have them both back!

Today we were out down the beach for our walk as normal, it was early but it looked like it would be a sunny day, once the clouds had been blown away!

A promise of a good day!
Miss Holly Chops was still on about how well her hair cut had been done and how good she looked!

Of course she just had to ask the question...........................

Does my Bum look big like this?
 It was Freddy Boy who got in first with the answer...............

Dahling, Your Bum ALWAYS LOOKS BIG!
 That was it, Holly said that when we get home she would bite his Bum!

Being a Sunday, there were the normal tourists and Mini Two Legs, all of whom wanted to stroke the ferrets and give them a cuddle!

Nobody said anything about Holly's haircut, which made her waddle off up the beach waggling her tail!

More Tourists!
So, this afternoon was spent watching the F1 Racing and cuddling up with OTL!

Wonder what's for dinner tonight, OTL's dinner, not ours!

See you tomorrow!

Luv,

Daisy, Holly, Miss May, Miss Wendy, Freddy and Eric de Ferret.

7 comments:

  1. Evening little maties. Wow, doesn't Holly chops scrub up well, wot a good job OTL did on her. Didn't you get any muggings at the glue and glitter slapping to keep you happy? I know wot it's like when your TL is on an away day, I don't like it much when my mum isn't here. I tend to snooze then the time passes quicker. Does OTL get to keep his top? He does look very professional. I reckon he could start taking in paying customers. Holly chops, your bum doesn't look big. I'm in the doghouse this afternoon, I've got the pickle in me. My mum was busy in the kitchen and I thought I'd make a card and impress her, now how was I to know the bits she had on her table were earmarked. First I found a nice die cut topper (Mrs TM will explain the technical terms) then I found a nice piece of background card (I've heard all about this laying and matting) Then I brought them onto the carpet, just to make sure they fitted together well. I thought the die cut bit was a bit too large for the back so I decided to trim it down a bit, now this is when my mum came to find out if I was snoozing or up to something. Well, she took my die cut bit and threw it in the bin, she said she can manage to salvage the background bit. Wot a meanie. I was quite proud of my achievement. Anyways, back she goes to the kitchen after she moved her table away from the sofa so I couldn't reach it. Then I found her kitchen roll that she uses for mopping up spilt stuff and wiping up her ink ........ I didn't even take a whole square and there she is telling me I'm a naughty boy! I was only cleaning up! So that's one less xmas card for her to send or get, I was going to send it to her. Loved all the pictures today. I hope you got some treats yesterday after being abandoned. Hope OTL has got something nice this evening so you can mug him. Have a lovely evening all. Love, licks, wags and sniffs from little Arch and Mr Nipper xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was really a strange Saturday and I heard that after the Glue Tappers and Shunters left the village hall Elvis Presley turned up, really he did well an Elvis impersonator did and there were disco lights and music and singing. You should have stayed around, you would have loved it. Sorry you missed OTL and had to go home, poor you and made worse by Holly going with him xx. She really looks lovely with her new hair cut, so trim and slender, he did very well and you will get to be first with the new blaster and nail clippers next week. I liked the pictures especially the ones from the course, nice to see and Holly on the beach looks fabulous. I hope you both have had some nice treats because you deserve something nice. As for Picklemous Archie, what can I say..........he was a naughty boy playing his mum up like that ☹️☹️☹️ . xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Little Arch is wondering if Mrs TM wants to adopt a crafty woofer ..... he reckons he could show her some new techniques in distressing card ;) xx

      Delete
    2. I bet he could but I don't think he would get consistent results, would make an interesting Master Class, "Bring card, dyes, inks and woofer". lol

      Delete
  3. Hello my maties down south. Long time no woof. Holly looks awesome. OTL is brilliant at all that washing and blasting and combing and clipping and snipping. He's a very quick learner and doesn't he look smart in his blue top. Lady & Genie got clipped today and came out smelling like tarts with their new hair dos. The lovely ladies said they had a present for us and brought out 6 Litres of shampoo and 5 spray bottles of perfume spray scented with coconut and pineapple. Apparently mum likes us smelling like a tropical fruit bowl and the ladies have a new "promotion so can't use that scent no more so they saved it especially for us as they love us so much.
    Now I haven't written for a while because I have been quite unwell. I've been very fussy with my food since July and then when mum went into hospital, I didn't eat for 3 days until she came home. Then I ate only if mum fed me by hand. Now last monday mum got me some tasty chicken but that gave me a very very grumbly tum so I didn't eat again then mum gave me rice to "bind me up but I got a grumbly tum again but this time with blood so off I went to the vet who gave me probiotics and bunger-upperer. The vet said that I was possibly having a phantom pregnancy and took blood and gave mum medicine to stop me making milk. She said it might be why I was off my food too. So then mum had to chase me around with a tray to catch a wee sample but everytime I felt it touch my leg my wee magically stopped. Mum got it in the end though. All results showed my organs were working well so we could start the phantom medicine but on Friday I was sick and did black bloody poo during the night. I was very sad and shaky so off to the vet I went again to have a big needle and antibiotic pills for when the anti-sickness needle started to work. Mum also gave me scrambled egg to make the pills more tasty and we're all pleased to say that the grumbly tum has now gone...for today at least.
    So it's been a very hectic time for a while and mum has been very anxious about me. So apologies that we have not written for a while. I will try harder in future now I'm beginning to feel better. Love, licks, and woods from Izzy and the 5 amigoes. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh poor little you, so sorry you have been so poorly, your mum must have been very worried, I hope you are getting better now ❤️ and don't go reading what Archie has been up to, one is enough for us all. Jeanette I hope you have fully recovered xx

      Delete
  4. Sorry to hear you've had the grumblies, they're not nice and the medicine isn't nice either. Hope you're lots better, and your mum. Seems stabbing helps to cure the grumblies, wish there was a nicer way. Paws crossed that you don't get any more grumblies. Love and licks from little Arch and Mr Nipper xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete