Sunday 12 November 2017

Poor OTL!

Hi Woofers!

Here we are, back again, Daisy, Holly, Miss May, Miss Wendy, Freddy and Eric de Ferret.

Now, I know you want to know why we didn't blog yesterday.

It wasn't my fault!

Honest!

You see, Old Two Legs has been doing a bit of gardening and as he is now old and grumpy, he is not up to all this digging like wot he used to be. Yesterday it was a Two Co-Codamol day and after visiting young Rosie up at the village hall, he fell asleep in his comfy chair at home and didn't wake up until late, which normally would be no trouble but he has changed to password on the laptop and hasn't told me what it is!

I think it was because the ferrets tried ordering a ton of frozen chicken legs but it failed when they tried to use his credit card and found out he had changed the password on that as well!

Well, his back is still bad'ish and yesterday I got away with not having a shampoo & set, but that was yesterday.

Today is different!

Today I got washed, sploshed, blasted and shave to within an eight of an inch of my skin, well it feels like that!

The day started off well enough, we had a fun walk down on the beach, OTL clicking away at the sunrise that had finished an hour ago!

Looking for a sunbeam!
 Little Eric wanted to know why it was still dark and Holly told him all about Neutral Density Filters and White Balance Adjustments but by then he had gone to sleep saying that maybe it was just because it was dark!

Why can't she just say it's dark?
 Well, for a change, OTL got all the hair cutting stuff into the kitchen and set about hacking all my hair off in all my important places and there was no place he missed!

He was using the electric shaving thingy which was OK when he was working down my back end but I just don't like it around my shoulders and head and I must admit, I showed off a bit!

So, like last time, he went work with the scissors, trimming bits off hair off my legs and under my chin and on top of my head  and around my paws and my ears!

It took a while and he was even sneaky enough to get to trim my claws a little!

In the end I didn't look too bad and at our lunchtime walk I got him to take some pictures of me.

This is my 'Wind Blown' look!
 Now, never mind Eric and his tail, just look at my tail!

Now 'This' is a Tail!
 After the walk we got home to the second part of the fun and games, we all had the anti flea stuff put on our shoulders. All the ferrets and Holly and I.

That stuff sniffs horrible and the ferrets don't like it and neither do Holly and I, but as it keeps the nasties away we will have to suffer!

This afternoon we settled down to watch the F1 racing which is always exciting!

See you tomorrow!

Luv,

Daisy, Holly, Miss May, Miss Wendy, Freddy and Eric de Ferret.

2 comments:

  1. Yo maties. Well I missed you yesterday but sorry to hear OTL was suffering. My mum reckoned OTL might have over done it with the digging but I said I reckon a big strong chap like him would have no problem. I suppose my mum knows better seeing as how she's the gardener in our house, although, the squirrels seem to give a paw at digging in my garden, flippin cheek of them. Smashing pictures today, you do look lovely Daisy. I hate the flea stuff as well, it makes the hair on my shoulders go all stiff. I think you should have persuaded OTL to rest again today then you wouldn't get cold cos he's trimmed you. I hope he's got your coats nearby cos the weather is certainly getting colder. I snuggled under the bedspread today when my mum came home from work cos the wind here was icy. We've had a nice snuggly day. Just one more day of guard duty tomorrow then my mum is off on Tuesday but the sneaky thing has booked my 3 month check up with the vet so I get my prescription as well. I had a bit of grumbly tum in the night so I got a dose of pro-kolin, my mum got the vet to give her an extra tube just in case I got grumblies during the night, so it soon calmed my tummy down and I felt better very quickly. I reckon my mum just didn't fancy getting up lots during the night seeing as she had to get to work this morning for 5 o clock. Not that I like missing out on my snooze either. Holly chops does seem to know lots about lots of things, I expect it was a bit too much for poor little Eric to understand. I expect Mrs TM has been busy today, making OTL lots of cups of tea and chicken soup to help make him feel better. Have a lovely evening all and OTL keep putting your paws up so your back doesn't hurt, and give Daisy and Holly lots of muggings. Love, licks, wags and sniffs from little Arch and Mr Nipper xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those naughty little ferrets trying to use OTLs credit card, are you sure it wasn't you trying to buy a lorry load of teeth cleaning chews and doggie chops? Now TM has her own credit card have you found out her password, if you are quick you could use hers before she thinks of it! So sorry that the digging isn't such a good thing nowadays for him, he does need your help and I think the six of you could muck in there and do your bit to earn your keep. That is a well defined tail you have, OTL is getting to be a Master groomer and good to hear that you didn't get strung up on the torture harness, also you seem to have all your bits left. Only problem I see it that it was freezing today, Daisy Girl came and we took her to Flip Out at the Dockside Outlet, it is all about jumping up and down on a trampoline but going from car to building there was a freezing cold wind so I feel very sorry for you being denied your nice furry winter coat. I missed you yesterday but you made up for it today love hearing from you, it is going to be cold tomorrow so put your coats on! xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete