Sunday 22 April 2018

A Hot Day for a Marathon!

Hi Woofers!

Here we are, Daisy, Holly, Miss May, Miss Wendy, Freddy and Eric de Ferret.

Now I suppose you all noticed that there was no blog last night, sorry, you see Old Two Legs was messing about with 'Stuff' that has arrived in the few days he has been gallivanting around the Isle of Mull. By the time he had got most of it sorted, The Missus arrived back from her 'Master Class' and announced that we will have a 'Chinese Take-a-Way' King Plawns, Plawn Clackers and all the normal tasty bits!

By the time we had finished all that it was late, so late that we all forgot about the blog!

Coupled with the fact that after the long drive back home, OTL said he felt 'Too Tired' to do anything but go to sleep!

We didn't mind that cos our tummies were full as well and a sleep is a good 'after dinner' exercise!

Going to bed early means we get up early but not so early that we catch the sunrise.

Not so much Sun Rise more like Sun Risen!
 Mind you, as today is the 'London Marathon' we spotted 'Sid the Streak' out for his early morning jog along the sea shore!

Can't stop, I'm ahead of my 'Personel Best'!
 I spotted a couple of rabbits munching on the grass but I just didn't feel like chasing them!

OK, I see them but I just don't fancy the run!
We met a new woofer on the morning walk, he is a 'Rescue Dog' who goes by the name of 'Hobo', that was the name the Rescue Centre gave him. He was a bit jumpy and very unsure of himself and you know what, even OTL couldn't interest him in a tickle!

It is good to see a rescue dog cos that means they have found a 'Forever Home'!

Your not going to eat me are you?
Lunchtime it was getting hot and the ferrets decided they wanted to come with us for a walk. It was rather hot but OTL had drinking water in the car and a bottle of water with a spray trigger on the top which both Eric and May got a cooling squirt before getting back in the travelling cage!

Come on, give us a lift!
The rest of the day has been full of manufacturing and when that was finished OTL was out in the garden digging up plants from around the pond that we think last year managed to kill off anything that was growing in the pond!

After filling the waste bin full of this weedy stuff he gave up and said he may have another go tomorrow!

So, that's it for today, I hope you are all enjoying the sunshine, OTL is, he says he hasn't seen sunshine for such a long time.

Me too!

Bye bye for now.

Luv,

Daisy, Holly, Miss May, Miss Wendy, Freddy and Eric de Ferret.

3 comments:

  1. Yo maties. It's very sunny here, a bit too warm for me as well. I run out and go up the top of the garden where all the shady trees are then I do wot I need to do then run back in and hide. Last night, about midnight we had lots of rain, now I heard the rain and I had a thought, hmmmmm, well I told my mum I needed a wee, she weren't right pleased cos she had to be up at 400 this morning, but anyways she let me out ........ and yessssss ............ wooooohoooooo there they were, all my little frog mates wot I've missed since last summer, well I just had to go round and say hello to each of them .......... that made my mum quite cross but it's rude not to say hello to your friends when you see them. I went in after I made sure they'd all got across the garden safely. Me and my mum went back to bed and we were just dropping off when the biggest bang I've ever heard banged .......... well I was up, alert and ready to sort it out ....... so off I ran up the hallway to find wot it was wot banged and my mum said it was thunder, now even she and my boy said they'd never heard such loud thunder, well it thundered and it lighteninged and thundered and it went on for ages, my mum thought she was never going to get to sleep. When I got up at 4 and went out for my wee, it was still lightening and the frogs were out wondering why it was light so early, so I helped them find their way back across the garden and do you know, do you know wot my mum said ........... she said I was a very naughty little boy .......... well I beg to DIFFER! I was not naughty, I was helping my little friends get to a safe place and it's not my fault I've got so many friends!!!! Missed you last night but I'm glad to hear you got some nice scoff and hope you enjoyed your plawn clackers. Pleased to hear that OTL got home safely and hope he isn't overworking or he'll need another holiday soon. Do you think Sid the Streak made it to the finish line, now my mum has a cousin who was in the marathon today, we saw him on telly just crossing the finish line and he did it in 2.55. That little rescue dog looks a nice little chap, I hope he gets over being nervous soon, I'm sure he'll soon be looking for tickles from OTL. Loved all the pictures today, May and Eric look like they're enjoying the sunshine. Hope you all have a lovely evening, hope the scoff is as good as last night with a bit of muggings thrown in. Love, licks, wags and sniffs from little Arch and the Nippers xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh and we watched that programme Mrs TM mentioned on faceache. :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome home OTL sounds like you were away for a rest but now you are back and bribed with plawn so. We have been to Ramsgate and had glorious plawns alll big and juicy, someone said they heard rain last night but everything was bone dry this morning so he either imagined the rain or perhaps it only fell on him! Tomorrow sounds more like gardening weather and you may need your flying jackets, pity Scotland had poor weather but I hope OTL is pleased with his photography, looking forward to seeing it. Poor little rescued woofer let’s hope soon he will be happy and will get to know what being cared for is like. xx. He will soon be enjoying the tickles. Archie is a little character with what he puts his mum through, I hope she is feeling better now xx. The froggy friends enjoying the scampering about in the rain sounds fun except for the early hour. Look after yourselves tomorrow xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete