Sunday 15 July 2018

What's in a name?

Hi Woofers!

Daisy, Holly, Miss May, Miss Wendy, Eric de Ferret and The Mighty Monty!

Here we are again fans, blooming hot again!

The ferrets didn't get a run out today, it was just too hot!

Yesterday Sue said she and Michael were up in Swaffham which is pronounced by the locals as Swaaaaarf Ham, we know 'cos Old Two Legs has been up there on business.

Now, years ago he was up there but needed to call into a place on the map called Happisburgh which was on the coast.

Now, up there the sign posts are few and far between, so a stop to ask the way is not unusual, so, OTL pulls up beside a local and asks if he is far from Happys Burg?

Arrrh? says the local, dunno wot you be talking abt!

So OTL shows him the map and points to Happisburgh.

Arrrrrrrh! Says the local, you mean Hazeborough!

Hazeborough? Can't you speak English, it says Happisburgh!

Not sure who was right, the local who was muttering about 'Bloody Tourists' or OTL who was muttering about 'Bloody Yokles' !

Today the ferrets stayed indoors, which was about the best place and Holly and I did our best to stay in the cool shadows as well!

OTL was doing some work but this afternoon took our advice and searched out a cool spot to watch a video or two!

That's the way to spend a Sunday!

Back to work tomorrow, if we can get enough enthusiasm!

Luv,

Daisy, Holly, Miss May, Miss Wendy, Eric de Ferret and Monty!

2 comments:

  1. Yo maties. Well wot a hot day it's been today, now my mum heard a chap this morning saying his son was working in London yesterday and when he was on the north circular, the heavens opened and it pelted down, now apparently, it took this chap 2 hours to get to Walthamstow ....... now my mum can't understand why he was on the north circular going to Walthamstow when he could have cut thru Epping forest, but anyways, he reckons the rain was so deep cos it wasn't running down the drains cos they was all blocked. Wot did we get yesterday, not a drip. Sometimes you have to take wot these yokels say with a pinch of salt, my mum reckons they're all fishermen who like to tell tall stories........ I've been snoozing inside in the cool with a big fan blowing some air on me, I only pop out for a quick wee, this hot weather is as bad as the rainy weather, a quick visit for the necessary then back indoors. My boy went out for a walk today and did 13 miles, my mum thinks he's lost the plot walking in this heat but he reckons he's burning off lots of calories, I reckon he's gonna be burning off lots of skin if he's not careful. Good job he doesn't ask me to go with him, I'd have to give him the bird and tell him only mad dogs and English men go out in this sun. I'm on guard duty tomorrow morning again and in the afternoon but if it's as hot as this, I might well be having a siesta and blow any intruders. I hope Mrs TM didn't come home too giggly last night, did she enjoy her concert? Did OTL share his sausage and chips with you and Holly chops? Do you think Mrs Sue and nuckie Mike have come across many yokels where they are? Well I'm off for a pre snooze scoff the I'll be having an early night on my cool mat with the fan blowing on me to help keep me cool. Have a lovely evening all and don't work too hard tomorrow. Love, licks, wags and sniffs from little Arch and the Nippers xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it is still hot here in Swaffham and know what he means about yokels and locals, when I worked in London someone had to visit Rothham and didn’t understand that it was Rootham when it is spelt Wrotham. Where we are staying is next to a housing estate via a railing and footpath, an ice cream van jingle could be heard from that direction so someone went up, found the van and said there were about 40 people in need of ice cream at the Rugby Football Ground, give me half an hour says he and I will be there. Word went round and when he jingled into the field there we were in a queue, his boss rang him to see where he was and he said he was busy! One very happy man left us to munch.
    Yes, Archie you are right about not being news on the concert, I think TM has sensored her, there must be things we are not being told! They say no news is good news but I think no news is suspicious when it comes to certain people. As regards the Yorkshire Pudding, definitely Norfolk Pudding, nothing more to be said. I hope Archie’s Boy is using sun cream with all this heat and all his walking! xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete