Saturday 18 May 2019

A Good Day for Hunting!

Hello Woofers!

Daisy, Holly, Miss May, Miss Wendy, Eric de Ferret and Monty de Ferret back again!

Well, what a day it's been today. Not the best weather wise but at least it hasn't been raining! There we were all fast asleep and enjoying the extra space we had in bed when we were awaken by The Missus sending a 'Good Morning' message on the mobile phone! I mean, she wakes us all up when she is at  home but why do it when she is away!

Rumour has it that last night she and The Cat Woman were up late last night drinking their way along the Gin Shelve in the bar!

You just can't trust them!

Well, being up so early we headed off to the sea shore and caught the Wormy May playing with the worms!

'Morning Wormy Man!
You know it was so early that we didn't see a single rabbit anywhere, all the birds were still tucked up in their nests and the moths had all gone to bed as well!

I mean, was it something we said?
Being nothing else to photograph, OTL got down on his knees and took a picture of some grass fonds that were about to spread pollen all over the place!

Looks pretty but does nothing for OTL's Hay Fever!
We reckoned he was very brave getting that close to the grass!

Along the path into the woods we saw the wild rose plant had sprouted a couple more blooms, so, click click went OTL, then he sneezed and nearly blew the flower off the tree!

Watch out, here comes a sneeze!
As we got deeper into the forest OTL was hunting around for anything that had legs and found this Micro Moth. Now, looking in his 'Book of British Insects' we reckon it's an Agriphila Tristella which is one of the Grass Moths Species, 'cept we found this on a tree leaf instead of a grass stem! Still, it was only 8mm long and it was clever for OTL to have spotted it!

One of the Grass Moth Gang!
Where the path sometimes gets really boggy when it rains they have put down some wood chippings to help soak it all up. Now this attracts some butterflies and one of the favourites is the Speckled Wood and this one opened it's wings just as OTL arrived!


Just look at those wings!
Just around the corner there was a little spider with two very long front legs, after looking in the book OTL says it could be a male Running Crab Spider 'cos the male has a black body and head while the female has a pale brown body!

Hello, my name is Tibellus Oblongus, but you can call me Archie!
Tibellus oblongus

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2016/09/06/uk-spider-identification-17-common-british-spiders-you-might-find-this-autumn-6110982/?ito=cbshare
Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/
09/06/uk-spider-identification-17-common-british-spiders-you-might-find-this-autumn-6110982/?ito=cbshare
Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/
 Mind you, OTL could be totally wrong and it name could be Cedric!

We are off now 'cos the FA Cup football match has started!

See you tomorrow!

Luv,

Daisy, Holly, Miss May, Miss Wendy, Eric de Ferret and Monty de Ferret!

3 comments:

  1. Yo maties. Oi, tell that spider he can't share my name, not at all, not ever, never. Well I liked the flower pictures and the pictures of my favourite girls but my mum had to cover my eyes when the creepy crawlie pictures came up. Well I had a good day yesterday with no itches or scratching but I didn't have a good night so today, my mum went off to tescos and came back with some long sleeved baby grows, good job she got ones with pictures of woofers and stars on them or I wouldn't have worn them. She's cut the bum bits off so she says they look like crop tops, which she says are fashionable, well I'll wear them in doors but I'm not going out walking in them. Mind, I haven't scratched all day. My boy got up just before my mum went to work and me and him had nice snuggles and wrestles on the sofa until my mum came home, she wasn't gone too long, she said she'd never written so fast. Now if Mrs TM had been sat at the bar last night with the cat woman, she shouldn't have been up so early this morning, tell her off when she gets home for waking you all up. I hope OTL is doing a good job with the menu for you all. I'm having an early night tonight to make up for all the z's I missed last night, I doubt my mum will wake me up too early tomorrow cos she's missing a few z's as well. Hope you all have a lovely evening and if the bar is dry Mrs TM will have to be good tonight, unless of course she's taken some supplies with her. Love, licks, wags and sniffs from little (sporting this years fashion) Arch and the Nippers xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OTL is getting very into this photography business, he is very clever to see them and very quiet not to disturb them, you would be no good and Holly a complete disaster she would woof and upset everything in a ten mile radius. Now then, why is TM wishing you a Good Morning half way through the night doesn’t she know there is a blanket silence until 10-30 am to give you time for breakfast. Thinking about it she probably sent the message before going to bed.
    Hope you have had a good evening, did you watch football and the Eurovision, we only know the results, I don’t know why we enter this singing contest but someone has to come last. I have been gardening today planting herbs in a trough, I keep going to make sure they are still alive and so far so good. Enjoy Sunday we are off to play trains, don’t forget to clear the crumbs up. We must see Archie in his new baby gros very fetching he must look xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like all of OTL's pictures EXCEPT the spider. Like Archie . . . they frighten me badly.

    Good of TM to wake you with a jolly message so you didn't oversleep! LOL!

    Sue: I didn't hear any of the songs, but am not surprised we came last as Eurovision seems to be more about political point scoring than music these days! I only saw the latter half of the show and couldn't believe my eyes at some of the previous acts brought on for our "entertainment". And what IS Madonna thinking? Give it up woman!

    Okay, jumping off my soap box now! Best go and get my gelli plate out and splosh some paints about to soothe my soul after the Eurovision debacle and the spider photo! xxx

    ReplyDelete