Wednesday 29 January 2020

Winding up OTL!

Hello Woofers!

Daisy, Holly, Miss Wendy and Eric de Ferret back again!

This time of the year when we go for a walk first thing it is still dark and normally Old Two Legs would leave the camera at home.

Today however, camera in hand we headed off to the Sea Wall expecting to get a shot of the morning glow but when we got down there all we saw were the lights of Sheerness Docks! 

The sun is there but a long way down the coast!
The camera has a pop up flash light that means we can take pictures in the dark!

Mind you, the light doesn't travel very far!

I can sniff it but the light is too quick to see it!
Back home it was work, work, work. It is rather boring this work stuff and Holly had an idea on how we can brighten things up!

You see it works like this.

There is OTL, at his desk, plonking away on the computer when, without any notice, Holly would jump up and give the back of his chair a good whack! Then, when he turns around she gives him a woof and runs out of the office and stops at the top of the stairs, looks back at OTL and gives another woof!

By now OTL is up out of his chair and following Holly who now is at the bottom of the stairs looking back up and woofing like she needs OTL urgently!

Down the stairs comes OTL and has to climb over The Missus legs to get to the back door where Holly has stopped and was woofing her tail off!

As soon as OTL got to the door, Holly runs off and back up to the office again!

Now it is my turn and off we go again!

Grrreat Fun!

After a while OTL got fed up and put his coat on and called us to put on our harnesses on and off we went for an early lunchtime walk!

The tide was on its way in we saw a rook picking bits off the sea weed on the rocks and just for a change, Holly decided not to have her run along the sandy beach and instead stood on the Sea Wall and gave the rook a good woofing!

Hey Shrimpy, come to me!
We headed off towards the forest and raced OTL to the top of the stairs!

Shall we go back for him or shall we wait!
In the end we waited!

When we got to the forest we found Rosie's Rock still in it's place and we waved as we passed!

Back home we headed up to the office for a well deserved snooze on our bed!

We know how to enjoy ourselves!

See you tomorrow!

Luv,

Daisy, Holly, Miss Wendy and Eric de Ferret!

4 comments:

  1. Yo maties. Wot a fun game. I have a game similar to that, where when I give a little grunt my mum has to guess whether I'm asking for scoff or a wee. I give her 1 clue, if I want scoff I pick my lips, if I want a wee I don't pick my lips. It's funny sometimes when she goes walking to the back door thinking I'm asking to be let out,. It's even funnier when. She goes to get me some scoff when I only want a wee. Loved the pictures,. Love the ones with you and Holly chops in the best. Well I went for my check up, things didn't go according to plan though. Now first my vet wasn't there so they had a locum, well he looked just like OTL, when I got close enough to sniff I realised it wasn't him but a look alike. Now this chap wasn't wot I was used to, no cuddles, no treat & he upset my mum. When we came out the receptionist noticed my mum was a bit upset & she went & told Sally, one of the other nice vets that I sometimes see. Sally called me and my mum in & she examined me, seems I have another little problem that needs regular checkups but not as bad as the nasty man made out & anyways Sally says if it becomes a problem, she'll ring my nice vets a RVC cos she knows I like going there. My mum is much happier now and back to telling me off & bossing me around. I don't think we'll be visiting the OTL look alike again, he's not very kind to woofers or their TL's. I did get my cuddles and treats from Sally cos she thinks I'm the best thing since sliced bread. I must say though that when my mum gets a scare, I can twist her round my law. It's been another cold day here but quite sunny. We've got another roofing chap coming tomorrow and it's looking hopeful that this chap might be able to sort the problem, so paws crossed when he's inspected he'll be able to a date to fix it. Hope you all have a lovely evening. Love, licks, wags & sniffs from little Arch & the Nippers xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are little devils to play OTL up like that, be careful though because if you do it too often you might really need to go out and he won’t play you game and not go to the back door 👿 😈. What is Archie doing to his mum giving her more scares, I hope it sorts out soon, be careful not to eat any old thing that he finds.
    Perhaps OTL could get himself a search light to wear on his head, that would be a good idea and no need to worry about looking stupid because nobody else is around to see him. It was lovely an sunny at Riverside today but freezing cold when the wind blew, lots of woofers and lots of puddles xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good game. Try it again tomorrow! LOL! Xxx

    ReplyDelete