Sunday 10 January 2021

Cold innit?

 Hi Woofers!

Daisy, Holly, Miss Wendy and Eric de Ferret.

and me, and me!

OK, and Rocky Chops!

A super shot of Rocky looking to get into mischief!

Mind you, when we went out first thing it was not the best conditions!

Frosty or wot!

It was a good job we had our sheep skin jackets on and the ground was frozen, remember icy means Holly doesn't sink in so much!

Old Two Legs decided he would look for some frozen pine needles and icy spider’s web.

No chance, not even one web and the pine needles have antifreeze in the needles, so, no icy bits!

So, what did he do? Yep, he went looking for the weeds!

Now, that's better!

Then we hit a problem, there seemed to be loads of long grassy bits and very few weedy bits, so, OTL being a first-class photo buff switched over to birds and managed to spot a Lapwing which OTL insisted on calling a Peewit!

Peewit having a wee!

Not to be out done, there was a Magpie flying around in circles looking for something to eat, so, here is the action shot!


........and the wing is in focus!

It was a pity that he didn't have his eye open, but you can't have it all!


Look, my eyes are open!

There was a Collared Dove on the fence on our way out but they are not exactly a rare species!

Now, it we had a Golden Eagle, that would have been summat!

See you tomorrow.

Luv,

Daisy, Holly, Miss Wendy and Eric de Ferret.

3 comments:

  1. Yo maties and Rocky chops ..... has Rocky chops moved into Godwin Towers? Daisy, I saw you this morning and Wendy, on zooooooooooooom, did you see me Daisy, I was waving my tail at you. I sat on my mums lap for a little while, while she was chatting and watching all the other glue flingers. I saw a bit of OTL and I saw Rosie. Nice pictures today OTL, shame that the eagle managed to fly away from the picture. My mum is feeling even betterer still than yesterday but she's still not going to work tomorrow, I agree, she needs at least one more day off. My boy was a bit dirty dick in the night but he still went to work this morning, see us chaps are men, we don't do fainting away on the sofa, we're brave soldiers and carry on regardless. It's been really cold again here today so I make the most of nice snuggles. I'm glad to see you had your nice warm coats on while you were out. Take care and stay safe and warm all. Love, licks, wags and sniffs from little Arch, the Nippers and Pedro. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photo's. Very freezing here, but beautiful with the hoar frost.

    Sorry I missed Archie Babe's birthday yesterday . ... Sending belated birthday wishes. Your song was super!
    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for your birthday wishes, love little Arch x

    ReplyDelete