Friday 16 July 2021

A sad day for Eric.

Hi Woofers!

Daisy, Holly, Miss Wendy and Eric de Ferret here.

It was today that Eric went to see the vet about his paw.

First it was too early in the morning when all sensible ferrets should be fast asleep in bed!

Old Two Legs had to hang about outside the vet place 'cos there were too many inside, even though they were all wearing masks, the rule was 'No more than two at a time!'

When we got in the vet took some time looking at the paw then said that if he attacks it with a scalpel and remove the lump but then he could miss all the little roots that would wriggle their way down to Eric’s vital organs!

The other option is to take Eric’s leg off!!!!!!

Well, OTL didn’t fancy that and Eric agreed with OTL, I mean, how can you run up and down the stairs with only three legs!

It was then that OTL asked if the tumour could be frozen, it’s a sort of localised frost bite, which kills off the tumour and the little roots.

Providing you get all the roots it should kill off the tumour and Eric keeps all four legs!

It was agreed that the freezing idea was the best option, so, Eric was left with the vet until the afternoon when OTL went to pick up Eric.

When OTL got there Eric was still dopy from the anaesthetic and he stayed curled up all the way home and once back in his bed decided he would sleep the anaesthetic off!

The nurses have put a blue woolly type of sock on Eric’s paw and also some antiseptic and pain killer that has to be taken once a day. OTL decided to give one in the morning and another at lunchtime but today he will leave it until Eric perks up a bit.

So, that’s it for today, claws crossed for Eric and he has to go back next Thursday for a check-up and change of bandage.

Bye for now.

Luv,

Daisy, Holly, Miss Wendy and Eric de Ferret.

1 comment:

  1. Yo maties. We were all sorry to hear that little Eric has been through the mill today and we've got everything crossed that all goes well now and that he gets over this trauma asap. My mum was fearing the worst because she thought that no news was worrying but is relieved to hear that little Eric came through the op, she's just gone up to tell my boy cos he's been asking if she heard anything. That little Eric is even braver than me cos if I was that little I wouldn't be that brave. Well done Eric and we hope that you're very soon charging around and chasing Miss Wendy. Have a good snooze mate, you've earned an early night and a lay in tomorrow. I hope them nurses gave him some good cuddles. My boy says, yayeeeeeee well done Eric xxx. My mum got us up early this morning on account she was off to work, Alf wasn't very happy and tried to pretend he was still asleep and my mum had to carry him to the garden cos he wouldn't get out of bed, my mum said it served him right on account of him singing half the night away and keeping her awake. I bet he won't be happy tomorrow morning either when she wakes him up. My mum decided she'd have a little nap when she got home on account of not getting enough sleep cos of Alf singing, do you know wot he did? Well, she was just dropping off and he jumped on her ..... hmmmm tsk ...... then she was just getting back off again and he started licking the blanket ..... hmmmmmm tsk ...... then just as she was getting back off again he started snoring ..... hmmm....tsk ...... out went Alf to the kitchen so my mum could get some peace and quiet and have a snooze. I know better than to wake my mum up unless it's an emergency, I'm brave but I'm not stupid. We'll be having an early night again tonight and I'm going to cover my ears and eyes if Alf starts singing again cos it's not going to look or sound pretty. Take care and stay safe all and hope you all have a peaceful evening and Eric not feeling too sore. Love, licks, wags and sniffs from little Arch, my mum, my boy, Alf and the others. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx For Eric the brave xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete