Friday 3 November 2017

There is a new toy in the house!

Hello Woofers!

Daisy, Holly, Miss May, Miss Wendy, Freddy and Eric de Ferret here again!

Now, first of all, here is some news about Little Tommy Chops. It seems he has contracted 'Streptosheepypooandcatdroppings'. It's a nasty little bug that can be got from sheep poo or cat poo!
(loads of sheep around him but not sure about the cats!)

Or, it might have been got from unwashed food like raw carrots. We are still awaiting the final diagnosis but that is the favourite theory at the moment.

As you get older you are supposed to develop immunity to the nasty thing but little puppies are likely to pick it up.

Mind you, anything to do with cats is trouble, that's why we keep them out of our garden!

Claws crossed for Tommy and someone should tell him to stick to the rabbit poo, it's mostly grass and helps sort out your tummy grumbles!

Hey! Archie Babe, that Wee Scoop is wot OTL uses down this end of the world. I had trouble with my water works and he had to get a sample from me. Now the first time I was taken by surprise but the next time I was ready. I was taken out, on my own, on a short lead. I knew there was something going on.

Then, just as I got in position, OTL whipped out the wee catcher and shoved it under me.

So, I didn't go, I just walked on a few paces, then I did it again.

Then I walked on a few paces and again assumed the position, only to change my mind and walk on!

It was o much fun that I kept it up for ten minutes or so until I just couldn't wait any longer!

Now, we know that you don't subscribe to the Fluffy Ferret Forum but we like to look in and see what other ferret people are doing and get some tips on ferrets from Two Legs who have ferrets.

Now, for the last few days there has been a 'string' about food dehydrators. You see you can get ferret and woofer treats in the form of chicken fillets, which I just love, but if you go to Pets 'R' Us a bag costs just over £3! OTL has been hunting around on the Internetty Thing and found the same thing for £2 a bag, but he has to buy in bulk of thirty bags at a time! Loads of dosh!

Now this string is all about dehydrators and it is following two ferret people finding all about and learning to use a dehydrators to dry out chicken, beef, apples, oranges, bananas, carrot and a load of other stuff!

You can even produce Beef Jerky, which OTL loves, when he can get hold of it!

Now, you can guess what has happened, today it arrived and OTL and TM have been looking, reading and researching all about the thing!

Looking at the instructions, it will be about a ten hour performance to produce anything, but, if they can produce chicken like the chicken fillets it will be a great saving and also, all the dried fruit will be a great substitute for chocolate bars, choccy biscuits, crisps and fruit pastels!

As you can guess, OTL is trying to slim down a bit and loose his 'Tummy'. He is on a strict diet of salad and meat at the moment plus as many plums as he wants, but dried fruit to add to his nibbles seems like a good idea!

Of course TM wants to try it as well and all us woofers are just dying to taste the chicken or beef!

More news when it comes!

See you tomorrow!

Luv,

Daisy, Holly, Miss May, Miss Wendy, Freddy and Eric de Ferret.

3 comments:

  1. You are a little devil with sharing your wee it made me laugh at the idea of you and OTL with the wee scoop. Why doesn't he just strap you to the plasterers bath and wait for you to fill it up? Just a thought, oh well you don't like the idea back to the drawing board. Poor Tommy I hope he gets better soon, sheep, cats and unwashed carrots, learn there and stay away from them.
    Now dehydration I have heard and seen on television the drying of apple slices and then vegetables which make lovely vegetable crisps, Michael isn't keen on them but yes please I love them. I have sent TM the rules for a dog in a caravan, don't let her not tell you all about these rules because you will really like them. I also told Archies mum, I know they don't have a caravan but it could include a house I suppose. Anyway I will wait to hear from you about this xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Evening little maties. Well I've taken note on wot to do next time I see my mum unwrap the wee gadget ......... I will cock my leg then walk on without weeing, then I'll do it again and again. Trouble is I usually wait until I really need to go before I ask to go out. Paws crossed that little Tommy is feeling much better and lodger free very soon. I had a nasty parasite thingy wot comes from eating poo, mine was called giardia, wot a posh name for such a little thing but it did make me quite ill, naturally I was very brave but I had to go on treatment for a few weeks. Luckily it went away and when I had a test done a few months back, I hadn't picked up any more of the little perishers. Now wot I want to know is where do the sheep and the carrots pick these things up from???? Wot poo do they eat???? My mum has made me stay clear of rabbit currants cos they have a parasite in them called coccidia, my mum says that there are no more non paying guests welcome in our house ........ now you know wot my mum is like, if she says no, then she means no ........ or so she says ........ sometimes though I have different ideas. My boy has done well on his diet and he's lost about 2 stones now ........ he checks how many calories he uses during the day then adjusts how many calories he can eat during the day, if he goes over his calories he gets on his cross trainer and walks on it until he burns off his excess calories. Now I reckon it's daft walking and going nowhere. I don't understand TL's, they walk and go nowhere and they ride bikes and go nowhere ........ where is the point in that? My boy won't eat any green stuff, my mum gets very cross with him. We've got our paws crossed that the new machine works well and saves OTL lots of cash so he can spend it on nice things for you all. OTL could even go into production and start selling stuff on the internetty. My mum read me Mrs Sue's rules on caravans ... I liked the last rule the best. I'm off to bed soon, so have a lovely evening all and hope you get some decent muggings. Love, licks, wags and sniffs from little Arch and Mr Nipper xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello everyone. Dried fruit sounds very tasty but dried chicken sounds even better. I'll have to tell mum about that new machine you've got. Make sure you wash it all though. I'm very pleased to say that Little Tommy is feeling much better today. He went from playing with a little toy to a full sprint around and then crazy spins chasing his tail. We don't have the blood results yet but we think it's more likely that Tommy badly pulled a muscle in his neck as he would not be getting better if it was a parasite infection. He is not 100% better but he's definitely on the mend. Tommy says "Thank you everyone for your good wishes and prayers."
    Sue we like the sound of your caravan rules for dogs. Unfortunately we haven't been out in our little caravan this year because mum had her spine surgery and my pups needed more training to keep them calmer.

    Hope you don't have too many whizz bangs this weekend. We don't get many here and mum pulls the curtains and puts the radio on loud. Love, licks,love and hugs.xxxx

    ReplyDelete