Tuesday 31 July 2018

....................but it was only a Little Swim!

Hi Woofers!

Here we are again, Daisy, Holly, Miss May, Miss Wendy, Eric de Ferret and Monty de Ferret!

It's getting warmer!

Mind you, first thing this morning it was raining when we went out, not much but enough to notice and the clouds looked all dramatic!

Never mind dramatic, just look at the rain coming down the Medway!
We only just made it back to the car in time before the heavens opened up and dropped a load of water all over the place!

Lunchtime came and the rain had all gone, the sun had come out and it was beginning to get hot!

We met up with Skipper in the football field and had a chat about the missing sniff. He reckoned that the rain washed it all away, well, let's face it, it washed all the dust and dead fly's off the car!

That rains got a lot to answer for!
 Skipper said hello to Old Two Legs as he passed. We don't often get to meet up with Skipper but it is always an enjoyable chat when we do!

Hello OTL, I've just sniffed your woofers!
As we got to the Sea Wall, OTL forgot to put the lead on me. I sort of walked behind him just like I was going to wander around the grass and then head off to the grass path and off to the car.

Well, that's what it looked like before I legged it down the beach and straight into the water!

It was just great, jumping and splashing and rolling on the sand and then in again for another swim!

As you would imagine, OTL tried to stop me but I was just too fast for him and I had a great time!

Just the weather for a swim!
I was covered with sand and sea weed and soaking wet but I didn't care, well not then anyway.

When we got home it was a different matter.

I was shoved into the kitchen and OTL went off to get all the hair cutting stuff and the washing stuff and the drying machine and the torture table!

I was then washed, shampooed, shaved and almost all my whiskers taken off!

I was trimmed all over and I even got my claws trimmed to boot!

Now I'm bald, clean and about two pounds of hair lighter than when I woke up this morning!

What will he do if I go in swimming tomorrow?

We hear that Archie Babes Two Legs is off to the TL Vet tomorrow, let's hope all goes well and she is back in no time, I mean, someone has to open the Doggy Scoff tin!

Bye for now!

Luv,

Daisy, Holly, Miss May, Miss Wendy, Eric de Ferret and Monty de Ferret!

3 comments:

  1. Yo maties. Well I'm glad you managed to get your swim, now why did OTL wet you again when you got home, you'd already been wetted. There was a deluge when I went out in the garden, or should I say, stopped at the back door and went back in, my garden looked like a swimming pool with all the rain that was falling, it was deep on the patio so I would have had to swim to the grass, well you know me, I don't do WET, so I tied a knot in my little winkle and waited until it stopped and the tide went out. Me and my mum have been very busy today, first we did fencing to stop the foxes coming in the garden, well they can jump 6 foot let's see if they can jump 8. There was my mum getting up close and personal with all the shrubs and bushes, spiders and insects ........yuk....... she got caught up on the fence and scratched to pieces but she's done quite a good job I reckon. Next out came the mower to suck up all the leaves and crud wot fell out of the trees when it was very windy the other day. Now if this new fence works it might mean I won't have to be muzzled when I go in the garden, if it stops them pesky foxes and the local cats. Then she came in and hovered, cleaned, washed and ironed, now she's just got out the bath after scrubbing herself clean from all the leaves, seeds and cobwebs. She's packed her bag for tomorrow and I spotted her putting in some treats cos she reckons hospital food is rank. She's put up all my dinners for the next few days and sorted out my tablets in a pill organiser and my boy has a long list of instructions on how to look after me, I wanted to add my own instructions like, feed, feed, feed, feed, feed and feed, but she wouldn't let me, wot a spoil sport. I don't think I'm going to like my mum not being here and I think I might cry. My mum said to thank you all for your good wishes. Loved the pictures today, that little chap looks a nice sort. I might not be able to get on the pc tomorrow cos it's my mums and if she's not here then I don't know the password but I'll be missing you as well but I'll catch up as soon as my mum gets home. Have a lovely evening all. Love, licks, wags and sniffs from little Arch and the Nippers xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased you managed to get a swim today although it seems that OTL took his vengence out on you when you got home! BUT, as you said, if you go swimming tomorrow just what can he do, say you must have doggie scoff for the rest of the week, what's new. We had all the rain apparently but I never heard or saw it, when I went out it was dry and the sun was shining and it turned into a nice day. Daisy Girl is coming tomorrow about 5pm with her dad and he is leaving her here, she is 10 years old now and is in need of shopping for her birthday present that we haven't as yet bought her. We have some plans which depends on the weather.
    I don't blame Archies mum for not letting him have the password for the computer, goodness only knows what mischief he would get up to. He is going to have to write it all down or get his boy to write it down if he can't handle the pen and then tell us all at once.
    So have a good Wednesday everyone and Michael and I send Archis's mum a big hug and best wishes for her stay with the TL vet. xxxxxx And for Archie's mum XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mum said thank you to Mrs Sue and nuckie Mike for the good wishes and xxxx
    love from little Arch xx

    ReplyDelete