Wednesday 24 July 2019

Hot enough to set your tail on fire!

Hi Woofers!

Daisy, Holly, Miss May, Miss Wendy, Eric de Ferret and Monty de Ferret here!

Wot a day! You know that we saw 33 degrees come up on the dash board of the car at lunchtime.

Holly and I were fighting to go for a swim in the water bowl in the back of the car!

Even this morning it was just too hot to go chasing rabbits so Holly and I just wobbled along doing a 'Left and Right Sniff'.

Now, lunchtime we could hardly do a wobble! It was really just too hot and we understand that tomorrow it is going to be up into record figures!

Old Two Legs took his camera out but there was very little to photograph, the Damsel Fly was fast asleep, well, it didn't move when Holly Woofer as she went past!

How Rude!
The sunrise was a bit wishy washy and other than the colour it was hardly worth photographing!

Well, we've seen better!
OTL has put the hose pipe into the garden to fill the pond and I must say that if it were not for the young froggy people I'd be straight in there for a swim!

The ferrets have got a frozen block from the freezer to keep under their bed just to cool off if they want to. Trouble is, they keep kicking about the cage just like a Curling Stone!

See you all tomorrow!

Luv,

Daisy, Holly, Miss May, Miss Wendy, Eric de Ferret and Monty de Ferret!

3 comments:

  1. Yo maties, don't know about hot enough to set your tail on fire, it's hot enough to burn your butt. My mum said we had a storm during the night, I wouldn't know cos I was in the land of nod chasing squirrels. We've got fans going in all the rooms to try to keep cool and the loft hatch is open and my mum made a cover for the hatch so the air could circulate but the spiders can't .......... I don't like spiders. We've got fans going in all the rooms and the hallway to try and cool the house down. I went out very early again today and I bumped into Boris the bounce but he didn't bounce, he said it was way too hot and he was heading home for a snooze. Now in a couple of weeks we might be having a little guest come to stay but first my mum has arranged a play date to see how we get on for a few hours, it's little Alfie my groomers dog. I like Alfie and he likes me but he's always trying to get me to give him a piggy back and I'm not sure if he'll behave himself when his mum isn't around but we'll see how it goes next Wednesday, if he isn't a pest he can come and stay but if he don't treat me with the respect of being my mums baby and head woofer in this house then he'll have to go somewhere else. Didn't you get a dip this morning? I wouldn't worry about the little froggie people, I mean you were there before them, have a dip in the pond and cool down. Nice pictures today but where are the pictures of you and Holly chops? I hope the weather cools down a bit tomorrow this heat just makes me want to snooze. Glad the ferrets are keeping cool. Have a lovely evening all, hope there's some tasty muggings and a nice breeze. Love, licks, wags and sniffs from little Arch and the Nippers xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. . . . You're gonna need that pool even more tomorrow & sod the flogs cuz it's
    gonna be hotter still. I can't wait (NOT). XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a thunder storm and high winds in the night so Michael and John next door went out and wound in the canopies and made it back into the vans before the rain poured down. The thunder was miles away but the lightening was like a strobe light. Very pleasant this evening sitting out with the wine, well Marion and I have wine because the men are driving tomorrow off to the Steam Fair. I don’t think the froggy people would like being pounced on by big woofers so you will have to carry on fighting over the water bowl. Stay coooooool xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete