Sunday 6 October 2019

Now Ya Knee Bones Connected to your Back Bone and Your Back Bones connected to Neck Bone and ...........

Hi Woofers!

Daisy, Holly, Miss Wendy and Eric de Ferret here!

What a weekend! The Missus has been out Glue Slapping and Old Two Legs has been working on the bathroom floor! The tiles are slowly being stuck to the floor but it is a slow job!

Saturday Morning was spent doing his jobs that had to be finished before he started on the bathroom, then off he went to get a new sheet of hardboard to replace the bit that got soaked when the leak sprang from the loo.

It is amazing just how many awkward angles and radius's there are and there you are trying to manoeuvre a sheet of hardboard around to make it all fit!

Then. once that is all nailed to the floor boards, next it is the tiles!

It's amazing how many swear words OTL knows especially when he is cutting out the bit for the loo to sit in!

Then there is the knees, you know, the leg joint that goes the other way to us woofers, it seems that if you are resting on them for too long, they hurt and then the hurt goes up his back and across to his neck which in turn makes his feet joints all stiff and ache like hell!

Well, that's what he says anyway but Holly and I had great fun watching him work away all over the weekend while we rested on the bed looking at him or woofing at the neighbours walking past our house, until TM rang to get OTL to pick her and all the bags of glue from the village hall!

Now, we have just heard via TM's FaceAche that Little Izzy has been poorly as she has done some damage to her leg and kneecap!

That means she must stay in her cage for about six weeks so the operation can mend her leg!

Six weeks in a cage! That would drive us mad! However, if it mends properly she will be back and running about again!

But six weeks? It's enough to give you the horrors!

You have no idea just how boring this is!
Loads of love and licks Izzy!

Now it's back to the bathroom to see how many more tiles he has done!

See you tomorrow.

Luv,

Daisy, Holly, Miss Wendy and Eric de Ferret.

4 comments:

  1. Oh dear . .. I don't know who to commiserate with first! OTL or Izzy?!

    Izzy does look VERY fed-up there. I hope her op is a success and she feels better soon.

    TM should give OTLs a nice massage and make him feel better. Either than or run a nice hot bath for him and give him some painkillers!

    Me? Well, I've had a much quieter weekend than you lot . . . a little light crafting and some walking . . .after I finished all the housework and ironing of course!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Izzy, she does look fed up already and nearly six weeks left, perk up sweet Izzy and get better soon 💕. Now OTL seems to have his work cut out, get it, cut out, ho ho, I bet he has forgotten he ever went on holiday. Still good Brownie points from The Misses with Christmas looming, ho um.
    I hope TM is cooking him his favourite meal and delivering it to his favourite armchair with his slippers and a glass of something cheering, he doesn’t smoke so no pipe but I think it would work wonders. Have a good Monday xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yo maties. Well I was very sorry to hear about poor Izzy, hope she heals fast and doesn't have any problems. 6 weeks in a cage is a long time, the most time I spend in my cage is 4 hours when my mum goes to work if my boy isn't about, mind, I don't mind, I feel safe in my cage and it's very cosy for snoozing and I have my drinking bowl attached to the side and some treats to snack on, mind they've usually gone by the time my mum has closed the front door. Now if OTL doesn't watch it, he'll end up in a cage to get over his aching joints in his legs, back and shoulders. I didn't know he was bilingual, my mum is bilingual as well. I agree with Mrs Sue, hope Mrs TM is cooking him his favourite dinner and giving him a glass of the giggle stuff. I think you and Holly are very good to stay and watch and give advice when he needs it. Love to miss Izzy and hope she gets well soon. Have a lovely evening all, I'm having an early night tonight. Love, licks, wags and sniffs from little Arch (going to the groomers tomorrow) and the Nippers xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    p.s. Alfie pug is coming for a sleepover next Saturday so he best start practising snoozing without snoring or else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there all our Southern friends. Thank you for your well wishes for Izzy. She is currently asleep across my lap as she gets stressed being in her cage when I am in the room. Thankfully she has always been a dog who loves to cuddle so this is the safest way to keep her calm and quiet. Her pain relief seems to be working but this does mean that she forgets to be careful sometimes and so we have to keep her on a short lead when walking her to the garden for a wee. We cannot risk the bones not grafting or her breaking the metal screws. So the cage for 6 weeks is essential for when I am not around to hold her. Izzy is beginning to put her foot down and take a little weight and is allowing me to massage her leg and do gentle physio. Her dressing is still on but think she will need to wear a cone of shame when it comes off as she keeps turning round to bite at the dressing. I'll keep you all updated. Izzy send lots of licks, sniffs and woofs to you all. Love to you all, Izzy's mum, Jeanette xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete