Friday 6 August 2021

Rain Stops Play!

 Hi Woofers!

Daisy, Miss Wendy and Eric de Ferret back with you again.

What a day, sunshine then rain and after that sunshine followed by rain! Then to add to it all, a drop of wind that lasted all day!

We were going to move Holly's ashes to the urn today but as you remember, Holly hates wet, so we will postpone the ceremony until tomorrow when we hope it will be sunshine!

We collected the ashes yesterday and they came in the shape of a pillow made from knitted bamboo, looks very pretty and something Holly would have approved of, nothing too soppy and bio degradable!

First thing this morning The Missus took me out for a walk alongside the corn field, harvesting has stopped for the moment 'cos the corn was a little damp from the overnight rain. Maybe tomorrow it will be dry enough, you know, once the sun comes out it doesn't take too long for the corn to dry.

  Busy Busy Today!

 There was a good number of ships and boats out today but they stayed in the middle of the river so they didn't splash me as they drifted on bye!

I was made to wear the harness, not that I mind but when I sneak off for a deep paddle it makes the harness wet and then it's all soggy around my tummy!

I must remember to take this harness off next time!

Once we were off the beach Old Two Legs went into 'Hunt Mode' and was searching for dragonflies but for some reason they were hiding in the trees.

That means all he could find was the odd butterfly!

 

I'm not odd, just exhausted from chasing around after women!

You can tell it's the mating season in full swing, the butterflies are either chasing each other or resting on the flowers getting a drop of nectar before charging off again!

Got any spare nectar mate? I'm knackered!

TM has been all industrial today 'Sorting' I think is the technical term, I call it ' Making More Mess'!

We had some beautiful cards from some lovely ladies, thank you very much for your kind thoughts.

OTL has been messing about with the laptop but he still hasn't been able to unlock the computer keyboard.

Eric is still in OTL's bad books!

See you all tomorrow.

Luv,

Daisy, Miss Wendy and Eric de Ferret.

2 comments:

  1. Yo maties. We've had pretty much the same weather as you down there by the seaside. As you know I don't do WET, so I declined the offer of a walk. I think that's really considerate and I know Holly would approve, to wait until it's dry before the ceremony. It sounds lovely and very special, just like Holly chops. Poor Eric, I bet he's not really in the bad books though. Our postman is called Eric, he reminds me of Eric the brave on account of he's quite small and very fast and a nice chap. My mum is still searching to see if she can find this "flea" wot Caroline said she saw, my mum is convinced I don't have them and that it was left at the grooming parlour for an unsuspecting woofer to climb on to get a free groom. Mind, my mum did find my little mate glassssshoppppperrrr last night at bed time and she threw him out the window ..... how mean, how cruel. She did her kung poo on him and grabbed him quick, sensai would be proud of her. Smashing picture of you Daisy. We've seen some pretty flutterbys in the garden but my mum is too slow to get in and grab the camera. It's so nice of the glue flingers to send cards, shows how much you're all loved. Take care and stay safe. Love, licks and sniffs from little (flea FREE) Arch, my mum and my (might have some) boy. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still catching up.
    Still choked about Holly, as I expect you are.
    Sending love,
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete