Friday 3 September 2021

It's Friday!

Hello Woofers!

Daisy, Miss Wendy and Eric de Ferret here.

Being a Friday in this house is good 'cos we get to watch the F1 racing program on the TV!

However, we have a few jobs to get done before settling down to watch the racing.

Just for a change, this morning’s walk with The Missus was a walk I haven't been on before, well, half of it was new. You see, there is a path that runs parallel to the main road that Old Two Legs used to take his dogs for a late-night walk, many, many years ago.

It was full of sniffs and stuff, nothing I recognise nowadays but still full of sniffs! Then we went over towards the Caravan Park near to the Slough Fort which is an old gun emplacement from hundreds of years ago. Interesting but lacking in sniffs.

Then there was a field with a pile of tree trunks that had been sliced up, piled high and covered with earth so it forms a winter resting place or an underground nesting place for weasels and the like.

Eric would love it!

We went out early at lunchtime and took a tennis ball with us so OTL could throw it around the football field. You see he likes to pretend he is doing it for me but to be honest, I'm not a retriever type of woofer, more of a Fox Hunting Speed Freak and soon get fed up with running after the ball!

  OK, I've had enough, find me a rabbit or a fox to play with!

 It wasn't long before OTL picked up the ball and we headed for a far more interesting place, the sea front!

The tide was in but not deep enough for swimming. I had a walk along the sea wall and enjoyed a couple of sniffs and did my bit to keep the poo bins full!


 That's better, and I don't even need my butt wiped!

 In the end I just couldn't resist it, I walked down to the water’s edge and was thinking about a swim but in the end all I got wet was my paws!

 If it wasn't so muddy, I'd go in but today I think I'll just look at it!

 There were a couple of Two Legs walking along the beach carrying a couple of plastic buckets, OTL says that they were more than likely looking for small crabs to use as bait to catch fish. I thought that it was a bit much to ask a fish to swallow a crab with all those legs sticking out and the claws waving about. It's times like this that I miss Holly's explanations, they are more believable than OTL. Holly might have said they were hunting winkles or cockles!

  Looking for crabs?

Back home we watched all the F1 practice before heading out to the field for a walk looking for anything interesting, unfortunately we found nothing other than some coloured stones, rather boring actually!

See you tomorrow!

Luv,

Daisy, Miss Wendy and Eric de Ferret.

2 comments:

  1. Yo maties. It's been a bit of a boring day here, not much has happened and I was up really early cos of my mum going to work. My boy is going out tonight so there won't be any wrestling, shame cos I can beat him now. The custard gargling monster has arrived, he's boring as well cos all he wants to do is sniff round the house. He's in for a shock tomorrow morning cos he's going to have to get up early when my mum goes to work and he's not a morning woofer, he tries very hard to pretend he's still asleep but it don't work with my mum. He's arrived a day early and is going home a day late, talk about stretch his time here out, he better have bought enough scoff with him cos he's not getting mine, that's when I really put my paw down. Do you know Daisy, he's already done a poo and he's not been here 20 minutes yet, he'll be filling up my poo bin. Nice pictures today, you're right about Holly having lots of explanations about things, she knew such a lot of things. I had a game of soccer last night with my mum but she's not very good at scoring goals. I bet Eric would have loved the weasel sniffs. Hope you all enjoy the racing today. Me and my mum are looking forward to seeing Mrs TM slinging the glue tomorrow. Take care, stay safe all. Love, licks and sniffs from little Arch, my mum and my boy. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to have a walk in uncharted territories. AND you managed to get your feet wet later on too! Good on ya!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete