Sunday 27 March 2022

Half Full or Half Empty?

 Hello Woofers!

It's me, Daisy again!

Now then, who forgot to change the clocks last night? I must admit, Old Two Legs is a junkie for gismos and the like. There are only two items here that don't automatically jump forward or back when the time changes from real time to Silly Summertime!

One is the telephone landline and the other in the small car. Not sure about the big car but we will have a look later today!

As normal, I woke OTL up when the light poked its head around the curtain edges and he didn't even look at the clock. Being well trained he just rolled out of bed and then in for a shower. He gave the bowl a squirt of water only to discover that it is still leaking!

OK, not the torrent it was yesterday but still enough to create a puddle!

So, he has been busy this morning cleaning all the Plumber Putty off the joints and has gone all around the joints with another sealant. We won't know until late this afternoon if it's worked or not.

Claws crossed!

Back to this morning.

It was light as we got into the car park but we had missed the sunrise, in fact we missed the sun cos it was another Pea Souper and we couldn’t even see the horizon!

Now to explain the photo!

OTL has dug out his big 'show off' camera and if he attaches the new lens hood, the camera can see the edges of the lens hood so there is a shadow around the edges of the picture. Couple that with adjusting the Exposure Compensation button.

 Well, it's different!

If he adjusts the lens, he can remove the dark edges and then it's almost back to normal!


That's the trouble with OTL, always fiddling, just to see what happens when..........!

We met up with a few other TL's who had wound their clocks forward and there was one female TL who complained that it was 'Just Her Luck' that the clocks went forward on Mother’s Day.

What happened to the 'Breakfast in Bed' and a lie in on Mother’s Day?

I did suggest that by getting up an hour earlier than normal she had more time with her offspring but that didn't go down well.

She is definitely a 'Glass half Empty' Two Legs!

Lunchtime the sea mist was still there, blocking all the views from the sea wall so we decided to have a look inland, just to see if we could spot and pretty birdies! 

I last saw OTL under the bathroom sink, testing has produced a couple of drips so he has slapped some more gunky stuff to seal it up, claws crossed!

We are off to watch the F1 racing now, should be fun!

Bye bye for now.

Luv,

Daisy.

1 comment:

  1. Yo Daisy, sorry to hear OTL is still having problems with the hole in the sink ......... now then, I've had a look on the internetty like Holly chops would have done and there's something called silly con ..... now that sounds a bit daft to me but you never know if this silly con is a con or there's something else called silly putty ...... why is everything called silly I ask myself. I'll keep my paws crossed that OTL can sort the problem out before he floats away from under the sink. I wasn't very happy about losing the hour and my mum didn't bother to put the clocks forward until we got up this morning on account I told her I didn't want to get up and hour earlier than it really was. I started thinking about this hour and then I got a bit confused so in the end I didn't quite know if I had an early walk or a late walk although, I was home and snuggled on the back of the sofa when I saw Boris the bounce go by so I reckon I must have gone for an early walk after all. I went to visit Brenda and Millie today on account Brenda isn't very well so me and my mum picked up her paper and dropped it off to her. Now Brenda is getting a bit worried about the prospect that she might have to go to hospital for a couple of days wot would mean that Millie would have to come and stay with me. Now as you know, I'm a very accommodating chap and I don't mind woofers coming to stay as long as they don't overstay their welcome, pinch my scoff, sit on my mums lap or try to get into bed with me and my mum. My boy and me treated my mum to a nice take away this evening and my mum decided she fancied a kebab, now she's drinking lots of water and lucozade on account of the chilly sauce making her very thirsty, I bet she'll be up half the night needing a wee. We also gave her a humongous box of ferreros and a voucher to cover the cost of the set of stamps she just ordered ....... we're good to my mum cos she ain't a bad old stick and we sent her a card, so at the moment me and the boy are both in her good books. Nice pictures today. It has been a tad chillier here though and the forecast is for cold weather so I'll be keeping my paws crossed that it isn't too cold and it don't last long. I might have to have an early night on account of losing the hours snooze and I'm still a bit confuddled over the time cos it might have mucked up my scoff times but I've been reminding my mum every hour that it might be scoff time and she should feed me in case of. Take care, stay safe and warm all. Love, licks and sniffs from little Arch and the others. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete